Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing existing scenario 1:1 to mapping-based message split

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an existing 1:1 scenario (file to IDoc) that I had to convert to the so called mapping-based message split scenario. I have already done the development changes, according to the blogs:

When I performed a test using identical input files, I have received a mapping error. After a closer look, I have noticed that after changing to multimapping, my Message Mapping expects a different sender structure - the original structure has been encapsulated in additional nodes:

<Messages>

<Message1>

original structure

</Message1>

</Messages>

1. Is this a standard behaviour (for the sender side, where there is only one structure)? Has anyone noticed a similar thing?

2. As a solution, I thought of implementing a Java or XSLT pre-mapping to adjust the structure (since I am not able to modify the source file contents), before the main mapping is executed. Can you see any alternative solution that I didn't think of?

Regards,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI master posting a thread?? suprise Greg..let me answer...

After chaging your mapping to Multi mapping then structure gets changed but when you no need to add additional added tags in input structure. PI will take care about it when you run interface end to end.

If you want to test your message mapping and Operation mapping in ESR then you have add extra tags manually.

Regards,

Raj

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

>>> PI master posting a thread?? suprise Greg

I'm still learning, I guess we all do. This was a new scenario for me, so I wanted to know others' thoughts and experience. And it was smart of me to ask, since I didn't really know that these tags will be added automatically at runtime thanks for that!

Regards,

Greg

Answers (0)