cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job final Release authorazation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

In our SAP PRD System only 6 Background Process , Some time only one user occupie all 6 background process.Right now We have more then 200 SAP Users ,We have given All user to schedule and release Background jobs.So mostelly time our all 6 background Process full . That time no any process free for house keeping jobs,So that I want to do final release authorazation in BASIS Guy only  , He will check PRD System , that is Background process is free then he release that  Jobs or he can Schedule at some perticular time ,So that that time jobs run.

Its mean that Final Release authorazation in BASIS Admin guy.

So please suggest that How I give authorazation of  object  to our end user , So that he can only  schedule  background job  not release , ThenHe inform to BASIS Guy that please release my Background JOB for sucessfull run. Then Basis Guy check background  process status . Then He final release that background  process .

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

As Steve state, There is nothing  more to do at your end, SAP system itself have process thread mechanism to run these jobs.No other job apart from priority A can have dedicated Background work Processor allocation. 

But if the running jobs cause performance degrade you should check buffer space or tune summary  of your system.

Else you can increase No of  Background work Processor.

Sumit Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Won't this result in a lot of work for your basis guy? There is a better way. SAP has the concept of job classes - background jobs can be created as class A, B or C (default is C) - and you can configure one (or more) background work process to be reserved for class A jobs. Simply create all the appropriate housekeeping jobs as class A jobs (they don't all need to be) and they will always have a background work process available when they are scheduled to run.

Does this work for you?

Steve.