cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggstive search help for input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on NW 7.0 and want to implement the suggestive search help for input fields. i.e all possible input values should be given in dropdown and would change according to the input provided. Similar to the google search help dropdown.

I am aware that this is possible using the Ajax framework but i require the steps to implement it.

Thanks,

Pris.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The SuggestValues feature of the inputField is only available as of NetWeaver 7.02 and higher.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Sorry, we are on NW 7.02. I was able to get it working, really wondeful to see

Just one question, no event is triggered on selecting values from this drop down? Can we have something like a on select event similar to dropdown UI for this too?

Thanks,

Pris.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The only event for the inputField is onEnter.  There was some discussion around having the onEnter fire when a selection is chosen from the SuggestValues.  However that might not have  been implemented until 7.03/7.31.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also have a requirement where in SuggestValues will also provide values from a pattern. For eg. If the search value has a entry "ABC XYZ". The Suggestion should work even when i type XYZ. i.e. any pattern in the input. Also any pattern in the other parameteres in the search help also (description, etc).

One of the reasons for our updrage to 7.02 was to use the Suggest Values feature. So pls let us knoe if any of the above features have any chance of being implemented.

Thanks,

Pris.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In 7.03/7.31, the InputField is enhanced with the suggestFilterMethod.  You have two options to control the way the Suggest Values works - prefixSearch and containsSearch.  This would provide the functionality you describe. 

I don't know if this functionality will be backported to 7.02 or not.  I have some doubts if it would. 

In 7.02 the only other option to acomplish this would be to use a data dictionary search help exit and program the logic yourself.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have any sample code / standard component to check. please post.