cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages in holding status in AE, But no errored out message found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I found thousands of messages in holding status in AE.

Normally having fixed the cause of  one errored out message , holding messages start moving.

But I have scanned through the messages to locate the one that has errored out, and there is no such message found.

i took a greater interval but couldn't find the errored out message.

Regards,

Tariq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue seemed to be related with the queues, cause once it was unlocked   the messages got disappeared after sometime.

BR,

Tariq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

Try performing full cache refresh to your system by using the  URL  as

http://host:50000/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

Need to confirm, if the port is open to deliver the messages

Also ensure with your BASIS team that after any outage activity, they haven't missed out to restart any Server node

If its fine, still the problem remains unknown ...........

Thanks,

Suji

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

Have a look at this Stefan's blog: , it should help you get the problem solved. I'm not sure where does your screenshot come from, but bear in mind that a message that blocks your adapter does not necessarily have to have an error while processing by PI, it could just be unable to deliver to receiver.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz,

Thank you very much for the help.

Stefen's blog described, how could the errored out message be found and once its encountered, either canceling or resending would clear the path for the subsequent messages, hence the holding messages would start moving.

Sorry, screen shot given by me is ambiguous.

I am checking the messages for Adapter engine from Database(Overview), which will show the errored out message(culprit one) in the Error named column separately from the others.

It must had been there into the red circle in the screen shot given by me.

But now the problem is solved.

The issue seemed to be related with the queues, cause once it was unlocked   the messages got disappeared after sometime.

Regards,

Tariq