Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create inspection lot without migo

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Team,

I have a quire that can inspection lot will be created with out migo,In our scenario we take the cutoff data of the client, All the sale order are uploaded by LSMW,Now problem what i face is that,our client is running a warehouse, in which all type of crop r present,so they give grade to all crops,so i want to give grade to all present crops,but as inspection lot is not going to create with out migo,so how can i give grade to present material in system with out doing inspection.

Regards

Asif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Grade the material in present system " means what

Stock is to be added in System or only lot is created for reference perpose ( which is not stock relevant )

If you want non- stock relevant just for analysis ,then use QA01 T code & create manual lot.

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Grade the material means ,they do inspection of the grain and then on inspection result they fixed the Grade to material, Mean Grade A type crop or Grade B type Crop. So the present stock which upload in system has some grade, that grade i want to give in system ,but we r not going to do migo against sale order,so the lot is not going to generate. So how can i give grade to present stock with out inspection in system,so that we can able to identify the material as per Grade eg Rice how much under A grade ,B grade & C grade.This way for all grain. So is it possible to give grade to all grain with out inspection if not then how to create inspection lot without migo.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For  Quality inspection of initial inventory into the system, use movement type 563. An inspection lot of 05 will be created when material is intially loaded.

Regards,

Pragalathan

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I undertstand the issue here it sounds like this is just a "inspection of initial inventory load into a new system" problem.

You want to create inspection lots for the inventory you are loading so the results can be entered and the stock graded according to your design. You aren't asking how to grade the material.

If that is the case, then in the QM plant settings in cconfig you should see a field labelled "inspec. type for initial load" of something like that, (not on a system today).  In this field you might find the inspection type 0800 put in by SAP. Or you can change it to another type but I recommend you keep it 0800.  In the inspection type config change the task list usage for 0800 to the task list usage of the inspection plans you want to use.

Make sure NO QM is activated in the plant for any materials you are loading stock for. 

Load your inventory that requires grading to QI stock.

Activate your inspection types for the materials using mass maintenance program QA08. Make sure you have ticked on the "activate despite QI stock" indicator.

As it activates your 04 or 01 inspection types in the material master, it will create 0800 inspection lots for everything with stock in QI.  You can now process the inspection lots per procedure and move the stock out to unrestricted.

FF

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fire Fighter,

What u say is completely right,we want to do the inspection of initial inventory which we loaded in the system.I will check as u mention an came back to you.But not lot is again sale order in which 05 inspection type is going to used,as we r providing service to the farmer & Other traders.

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fire Fighter,

Make sure NO QM is activated in the plant for any materials you are loading stock for, What it mean?While loading material I should not take Quality View or Not to maintain inspection type.Because Material is going to be upload by MM Person in which the QM view is taken ,But inspection type is not activate for the material while loading.

Pls, clear the point.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you understand correctly.  QA08 requires that the plant QM ihas been created.  But when you load inventory, you should not have any inspections types active.  You can then load stock to QM using material movements which is not allowed once a stock relevant inspection lot is activated.  QA08 is then used to activate an 01,04,05, or 08 inspection type and will, at the same time create inspection lots for any existing QI stock of the material using the inspection type specified in the QM plant config settings.

I'm not sure what you mean concerning your sales order.  I would think that first you have to load inventory.  Then process the necessary inspection lots and post the material to unrestricted. THEN you load your open sales orders and pick the material/batch to be assigned.

I'm not sure how else you would actually load in inventory via orders as you seem to suggest.

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Asif,

Bifurcation from inspection point of view and inventory point of view are different things. It depends how and where you want to see this bifurcation. In MMBE or in QA33?

1. For the sake of understanding lets talk about fresh GR and assume prior to GR there is no stock. Perhaps this approach can guide us to decide the treatment for your initial stock which you have uploaded without inspection lot generation.
  2. If you inward 100 PC, how and where will you bifurcate this in to various grades?
  3. Whether you will generate 3 different inspection lots and give UD as Grade A, B and C respectively?
  4. How will you post this stock if the conditions are as below for 100PC quantity?

• 20PC = Grade A
  • 50PC = Grade B
  • 30PC = Grade C

Regards, Anand

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand Rao,

Our Bifurcation  is on inspection lot ,Grade a given after the inspection is done,

Regards,

Asif

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asif

I m not very much ware abt warehouse management. so You can try this out

You have present stock and you want to segregate on the basis of inspection that it belong to Grade A, B and C... etc .

"If Batch Managemnet is not active"

Create three storage location let say insp, Grade A, Grade B and Grade C...

Activate 08 inspection type in Qm view of that material and Qm Active for 311 movement type in OMJJ

Do the transfer posting from one storage location to another with MB1B with 311, then inspection lot is generated and do the Stock posting depends upon the result into Grade A, B and C... etc.

If Batch Management is active the you can create Three Grade i.e A, B and C...etc and  post the mateial into desired batch and storage locaiton.

I hope i will help you

Manish

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your reply, But we not create  storage location on Grade wise,we have just one storage location in which we keep all material,But yes we create lot in all storage means fixed area which divide the storage location in equal parts.

regards,

Asif