cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ERROR] Unable to make RFC call Exception: [DATA_BUFFER_EXCEEDED]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have added JCO interface in my trx in that i have mentioned RFC name as "RFC_READ_TABLE". I have given input for table as "PLAF". While executing am getting "DATA_BUFFER_EXCEEDED" Can you pls suggest where i did wrong?

Regards,

Glory

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, this is a great way to avoid a million custom RFCs in your application, and contrary to popular belief, this function is supported by SAP.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glory,

If you search on RFC_READ_TABLE going back a few years, you will see a number of threads which address this subject in great detail.  There are also some other issues which are defined which will also prevent some other technical problems with using this RFC as well as some very detailed examples.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glory,

This exception occurs when the rows of data being returned are too wide.  You can prevent this by specifying exactly which columns you want return from the table in the FIELDS parameter.  For example, in your table PLAF, pass the following to FIELDS and you should get a result back:

PLNUM

MATNR

PLWRK

PWWRK

PAART

BESKZ

SOBES

GSMNG

TLMNG

AVMNG

Jon

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally you should start with a limited number of columns from the table.  Some of the columns do not execute well and it takes some experimenting to figure out which fields will cause the error message.  Worst case start with a single column.  Also limit the number of rows returned to 10 or 20 until you figure out what works and what does not.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glory,

Please refer to the following document: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7050

This should solve the problem.

Regards,