cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDS for HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

For deplying RDS on HANA like the following, does this require SAP BW functionality ? In other words do we have to migrate BW System to HANA, or have BW on HANA, before we deploy these RDS ?

Solution Overview

Accelerated BI and DS RDS for HANA delivers the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform, BusinessObjects Explorer and Data Services applications pre configured for reporting, analyzing and loading HANA. This package also includes one Rapid Mart, which provides prebuilt analytical reporting and analysis, along with extraction routines, transformations, loading, universes and initial reports.

The available Rapid Marts cover the following functional business areas:

Financial Suite: 

• General Ledger Rapid Mart 
  • Accounts Payable Rapid Mart 
  • Accounts Receivable Rapid Mart 
  • Cost Center Rapid Mart 
  • Fixed Assets Rapid Mart

Operational Suite: 

• Inventory Rapid Mart 
  • Purchasing Rapid Mart 
  • Sales Rapid Mart

Manufacturing Suite: 

• Plant Maintenance Rapid Mart 
  • Production Planning Rapid Mart 
  • Project Systems Rapid Mart

Human Capital Management Suite: 

• HR Rapid Mart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With RDS, you are replicating the tables of ECC to HANA using SLT. And, there would be new reports (typically N at the end e.g. KSB1N in case of Overhead cost accounting) these reports will point to HANA DB tables. So you get better perfomance.

To add to this, the extractors like 0CO_OM_CCA_9 can point to HANA DB tables rather than pointing to ECC tables, hence you can create virtual provider similar to your existing cube and utilize it.

Hope, this helps.

Regards,

Pravin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got the docs I was looking for Anooj. Thx

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I would be really thankful to you if you can please share those documents.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

could any of you can share the RDS DOC..its very urgent

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

These RDS are predefined Models(Views) and Reports which are readily consumable.So you can run this in Standalone HANA System itself (depends on your scenario).You have to make sure that the underlying tables are there with the data.You can directly import these RDS contents and start reporting without spending too much time on modelling and reports creation.

Rgds,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

The above can be achieved with a stand-alone HANA with BI4.0, you don't need BW on HANA to deploy the RDS.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

Your replies have been very helpful, my friend.

BY BI4.0 you mean Business Objects4.0 ? Do these RDS use DXC and SLT to get data into HANA using IMDSO ? It really makes me wonder how they handle non-cumulatives in for example the Inventory Infocube of SAP BW. Sales Cubes for example, get header, item and schedule line information and combine them into one Cube 0SD_C03. How are these done now in pure HANA ? What is the reliability ? SAP BW was 100% reliable, and we have proved it to clients in many instances, record by record.

Is there a document which explains the BO/HANA Objects involved in for example the "Inventory Rapidmart" or "Purchasing Rapidmart".

Regards

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Yes by BI4.0 I meant Business Objects 4.0.

I am not aware of the specifics of this particular RDS, but from the solution overview in your post I understand that it is making use of data services for data acquisition into HANA, you might want to read through the detailed documentation of this particular RDS to understand whether both SLT and DS are applicable here and if DXC is applicable as well. Depends on what tables the HANA models in RDS are built on top of - as in is it raw ECC tables or BW extractor tables.

When I implemented RDS for sales operational reporting, it was making use of SLT to get the raw tables in and the models were built on top of these tables. So i guess it varies with each RDS.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

Can you point me to a generic document on connecting BO using Data Services to ECC, with all options available ?

Regards

Prateek