Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy one script to another script

former_member420959
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a script in my system say ZSCRIPT and i want to copy it to ZSCRIPT1 and make some changes.

I have used the standard program RSTXSCRP and downloaded the zscript to my desktop as zscript.for

and now when i am trying to upload this using IMPORT it is saying

ERROR: Dataset does not contain object ZSCRIPT2 but ZSCRIPT

can any one say where i am going wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Ujwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the error suggests either you are giving wrong name while importing the data r the data is not exported correctly.

It would be better if you can display the screenshots of the error.

Regards,

Gautham Vangaveti.

former_member420959
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello goutham,

I am doing something wrong thats why iam getting this error.

Please suggest the procedure to achive this if you know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

transaction SE71, Utilities Menu, Copy from Client can be used to copy a form from a name and a client into another form name in the current client....for instance....

ZSCRIPT

ZSCRIPT1

if you are copying within your development instance, no need to use any other tool.  Note also that original SAP Standard form versions are stored in client 000, always.  Since you'll be starting your development in a development or sandbox, you can usually use this method to obtain a copy of the existing form and then revise the new one as needed.

former_member213851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ujwal,

Before uploading you need to crate the Target script say ZSCRIPT1 i.e. the script in which you want to copy original one and then while uploading the script using IMPORT , you need to change the Original script name to ZSCRIPT1 inside XML file as well  as Rename XML as ZSCRIPT1  which you are uploading.

former_member420959
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I have tried creating a script with name zscript1 to which i want to copy zscript and activated it

even though it is saying that object zscript1 doesnot exist in the dataset but zscript exist

former_member420959
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I have tried creating a script with name zscript1 to which i want to copy zscript and activated it

even though it is saying that object zscript1 doesnot exist in the dataset but zscript exist

former_member213851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ujwal,

you need to change the Original script name to ZSCRIPT1 inside XML file as well  as Rename XML as ZSCRIPT1  which you are uploading.

former_member16553
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please download the script as Zsript2 and then upload it with same name.