Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure to choose Master Forecast Profile when running Univariate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I have a scenario as following:

- Our system has many branches.

- I create for each branch a planning book and a dataview for forecasting. One planning book has a Selection Profile including Products of a branch.

- All Planning books have the same set of Key Figures.

- In one planning book, user will forecast for two Key Figure with Univariate then MLR and then Composite. Then system will make further calculation basing on these forecast Key Figures:

+ Key figure KFFORECAST1 base on Key figure KFHISTORY1. For this type of Forecast, I create for each Branch a master forecast profile with name like MAST_KF1_BRANCH1,  MAST_KF1_BRANCH1…

+ Key figure KFFORECAST2 base on Key figure KFHISTORY2. For this type of Forecast, I create for each Branch a master forecast profile with name like MAST_KF2_BRANCH2,  MAST_KF2_BRANCH2…

- Then I assign user of each branch a Planning book, a selection profile and two Master Forecast Profiles.

- Each time running forcast, user of a branch need to choose Master forecast Profile for KFFORECAST1 ( eg. MAST_KF1_BRANCH1) first, then choose Master Forecast Profile for KFFORECAST2 (eg. MAST_KF1_BRANCH1) (or vice versa).

Currently, when user run Univariate Forecast, system automatically chooses a Master Forecast Profile and go in to Forecast Result screen. Meanwhile, MLR and Composite allow user to choose Master forecast Profile they want.

Please help me on:

How to configure so that each time running forecast, user of each branch can choose Master Forecast Profile when run Univairate forcast to sastisfy obove scenario?

Thanks very much for your support!

Duyennx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Duyennx,

Since the selection profile is same, the standard functionality tries to remember user's choice of master forecast profile and generates the forecast next time. You can refer t.code /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2 to check assignment of forecast profiles to users.

User can select the required forecast profile from the menu option of interactive planing user interface (/SAPAPO/SDP94) as shown below. From the popup, you can choose required master forecast profile and execute forecast generation.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I faced an issue where we're running the forecasting models through process chains. Each univariate profile (Auto, moving avg, etc.) is run as a separate job in the background.

For a given product location, which is contained in a selection for No Forecast profile, we're seeing that the log says Moving Avg profile was selected. We expected that it would use No Forecast profile and generate 0 forecast. However, we're seeing moving avg numbers.

In /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2, I see that for the given product location, it has Moving Avg profile assigned by one of the users in the interactive planning mode.

How to handle this?

Should we just go to /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2 and delete the entries in the table. After that if we run our jobs, these will create forecast based on respective models?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Hiren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hiren

Please check the control parameters i.e. Always use job profile.

I think this flag will solve your problem. Please let us know if you any additional question.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for your input.

I've not tried yet but I'm sure that it will work.

I've a related question - if we do make this setting in the job, will the users be able to still go in the planning book and interactively run forecasts with other profiles/models?

Because we still want them to have flexibility to scrub stat forecast by trying different models.

Thanks again for your reply.

Best Regards,

Hiren

Answers (0)