cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eliminating 'No Data Available' when zero rows are returned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola,

I'm migrating existing MII content from a 12.0 platform to 12.1.7 Build(44) [project was delayed quite a bit]..  Anyway, one thing I've noticed is that some (maybe all) of the display templates show 'No Data Available' if no rows are returned, when previously they would display the column headers and no rows. 

The specific example I'm working with is grid in Vertical Scoreboard mode...  This display is used to show the current Process Order / Batch etc.. running on a production line.  So it looks really ugly on the big screen when it says 'No Data Available'.  Testing the query templates in 12.0 and 12.1, they both behave the same as far as returning the column headers.  Display works fine when there is data.

Sorry if this is answered somewhere on here, having difficulty navigating this new site.  Been a while.

Rod Hoffman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rod,

I ran a quick test using a dummy SQL FixedQuery as such:  SELECT * From Employees WHERE LastName = 'AAA' and mapped it to a generic iGrid template and when it rendered on the test page it simply showed the column headings - not the No Data Available error.

Normally I would expect No Data Available would also show a FatalError message in the java console and perhaps more info would be found in the NW logs.

My quick test system was running , so it is possible that your 12.1.7 version finding has been corrected already.  Switching the standard Grid to VerticalScoreboard yielded the row headings and no columns - but no errors.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Thanks.  I don't see anything in the logs.  Will follow your suggestion and get to the lastest release of 12.1.

Rod

Answers (0)