cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iDocs not transmitting properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the MEINT completely set up and the next logical set is to create some materials and send them by using transaction BD10.  The iDoc appears to transmit successfully from SAP, but when I review the message monitor in MII, it shows the status as Categorized.  I am not sure what this means, but it does not say it was processed.  I have reviewed all of the logs and I do not see any errors.  The data is obviously not in ME so it is hung up in MII somewhere.  Can anyone provide some insight to where I should look or what should be my next step?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Collegues, we did check the MII server processing and that looks ok. Idoc of type MATMAS comes into MII and gets picked up by the processing rules. What is strange that the MII log shows no errors, but the MEINT inbound queue monitor shows nothing. Interestingly there were messages processed before which are not displayed in this queue monitor either.

Can u please advise on how to track the messages in queue monitor of MEINT?

thanks

stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

You can have a check the transaction Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/InboundEnqueuer/InboundEnqueuer if running?

You can manually trigger it. Then check the MEINT Enqueue Monitor

Thanks

Leon

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess it means that the IDoc was successfully received by MII and identified as MATMAS.

Now you need to check MEINT Queue Monitor where this MATMAS should be split into site-related Z_MATMAS IDocs which will be processed by Message Dispatcher into Webservice calls to ME.

You need to activate the dispatcher in Schedule Edit.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am thinking that is my issue.  I am looking at the MII monitor, but I am not seeing where this MEINT queue monitor is.  Can you please advise to where this monitor resides?

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP ME ERP Integration -> Monitoring -> Queue Monitor - Standard.

To access SAP ME ERP Integration menu, your user should have Role_SAPMEINT.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did check this yesterday, but I guess I didn't pay attention to the name of this monitor.  I filled in the search components and it returns no data.  I am led to believe the iDocs did not make it to the transactions for processing.  Is there a way to test whether or not the MEINT was successfully implemented?  I mean I know the ctc was successful in the configuration, but there is no way to fully test this unless I send an iDoc.  I have sent one, but I cannot trace it.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your symptoms point to the issue with Processing Rules: either they are not defined by CTC, or MII does not process them correctly, or you have some customization in ERP so that IDoc contains a message type different from MATMAS and thus the Porcassing Rule for it does not exist.

The execution of CTC steps can be traced in Details section when you select the executed task in Configuration Wizard of NWA. Even the step has green mark, it is possible that inside the logs of this step there is an error message related to a technical issue.

First I would check all versions of NW, MII and ME used. They should be exactly matching each other as specified in the ME Release Notes (published as SAP Notes).

Second I would check CTC execution logs.

And of casue it is critical that all instructions of ME Installation Guide are followed closely.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Identify what type of IDOC is delivered to MII. E.g. MATMAS

2. Check SAP MII configuration -> Processing Rule Editor and verify that a rule for processing such IDOC type exists in the list.

If the rule is configured to handle MATMAS messages, but for instance ZMATMAS is sent from ERP - MII will not handle it and will not put it in SAPMEINT queue.

Also follow Sergiy's recommendations above about checking basic things like involved software releases etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NW 7.3

MII 12.2.3

ME 6.0.2

I have the processing rule for MATMAS and I set the log level to debug.  I reprocessed the message and I went to the log viewer in nwa and there is nothing in the logs.  Where can I find the ctc execution logs? 

Me installation guide was follow correctly and everything was successful in the configuration and RDS implementation, but the transmission is not working somehow and it is not clear how to trace all of the steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any word on this?

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend to stick to recommended NW and MII SP/patch levels. See note 1709400 for details. Make sure NW is upgraded to SP4.

To see the logs of CTC re-execute it again. The log page is displayed in the end of the process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you are saying the MII 12.2.3 needs to be rolled back to 12.2.2 in order for this to possibly work?  Doesn't surprise me as the ME 6.0.3 needed to be rolled back to 6.0.2 in order to import the RDS project files.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue is not necessarily caused by MII version. The information the note delivers is that 6.0.2 was tested on MII 12.2.2. Probably it should work on 12.2.3, but nobody can guarantee this as such combination was not tested. IMO, it's not likely that MII version is playing role here.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To troubleshoot the process of accepting idoc check transaction status in System Management -> Transaction Manager in MII. If it's success - then set tracing for com.sap.xmii.bls to Debug, reproduce and check defaultTrace. If the status is fail - then it's likely something's wrong with MII. Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the status of the transaction manager and it s successful.  I am trying to set the tracing for com.sap.xmii.bls, but I only find "Transactions" in the log configuration of nwa.  Should I set this to Debug?  I cannot find com.sap.xmii.bls anywhere.  Can you please share where I can find this?  I tried in the log configuration, application resource and the application manager.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that the specific transaction that is specified in processing rule is marked successful.

To enable tracing: NWA->Configuration->Infrastructure->Log Configuration->change dropdown to Tracing Locations ->expand com.sap.xmii.bls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed the tracing and I started the Doc transmission agan.  Everything was successful, but the log file did not update.  I am looking n this folder location for an updated trace (.\log\defaultTrace_00.trc), but nothing has been updated for awhile.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would check NWA log viewer (defaultTrace view)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have checked the log viewer and the MII transactions are successful, but there are no logs from the queue monitor.  Anything I can do now?

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ca you attach tail of the log file that covers timestamp when idoc was received by MII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://EmailLargeFile.com/d/08EXJSGAORE

I have all of the traces and I inserted a screen capture video that shows my steps of the iDoc transfer monitors and the logs.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see in the logs that SyncIDOCService trx has been executed. Besides you have ME_IDOC processing rule with type Categoty and it is assigned to all messages. Where does it come from? This makes me think that this rule is triggered when idoc arrives and sets idoc status to Categorized, but MATMAS processing is not fired.

Maybe you could try to delete/disable it? I do not have such rule in my test system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted that rule.  That was a test rule I created before we had the RDS available.  I tried it again and it still does not appear on the queue monitor.  I have attached the trace files, but please let me know if there is anything I can do to improve this.

http://EmailLargeFile.com/d/GLD41V39D9E

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I see that rule is executed:

========================================================================

Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/services/SyncDOCService.trx: 19:13:52.136 [INFO] Started Execution: '06/19/2012 19:13:52'#

....but in process of execution it fails with ORA error:

Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/services/SyncDOCService.trx: 19:13:55.283 [ERROR] [CallPersister] Action: Runtime threw an exception. Exception: [java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

I'm not sure what causes this, but something is definetely wrong with SAPMEINT installation. In one of previously attached trace files there is such error:

JNDIUtils.getUserTransaction(): Error in getting the Data Source 'jdbc/jts/SAPMEINT'. The error is: Object not found in lookup of SAPMEINT.#

Ther are also errors related to SAPMEWIP datasource.

What I would do if I were in your shoes:

1. Undeploy all MEINT and MII components in NW telnet console. See command exampes in note 1657302. List of applications can be viewed by list_app(s) command.

2. Delete SAPMEINT and SAPMEWIP datasources.

3. Drop all MEINT tables in database.

3. Deploy correct version of MII, MEINT and CTC(You said you had to downgrade ME, was MEINT and CTCdowngraded as well?).

4. Run СTС from scratch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to make sure that I can drop all of the tables without messing up the WIP or ODS schema.  This code I have seems like it will work as long as I log into the system as sapmeint user, but the schema was created based off of the sapmewip.  I am thinking I may not be able to easily drop all of the tables.  Is there a list of tables that I can drop as the WIP and INT are the same schema?

Spool drop_schema_tables.SQL

SELECT 'Drop ' || object_type || ' ' || object_name || ';'

FROM user_objects

WHERE object_type IN ('TABLE','VIEW')

ORDER BY object_type DESC, object_name;

spool off

Also, it appears the CTC and MEINT was not downgraded so I am looking to do this ASAP.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just drop SAPMEINT_* tables manually. There are 8 of them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I see them.  I am waiting for approval to download the correct version of the MEINT and CTC from the marketplace.  We used to have a colleague to grant us this approval, but he no longer works for us.  Is there a way you can approve the 2 files in the download basket for us (S0009446083)?

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe this is done by customer himself  in Solution Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I know.  Just hoping to move this along quicker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I have done all of the required steps and I am now executing the CTC.  Normally, we get a step 57 error that requires us to delete the data sources and re install the base and client, execute any updates to them and re execute the CTC to have a successful CTC.  We got past step 57, but now we have an error at step 79.  Never seen this before and we are kinda stuck as to what the solution is.  I have attached the tracing info.

http://EmailLargeFile.com/d/4I1QMUZ5RU8

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Switch WS security to https as per WS guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every WS that has the namespace of http://sap.com/xi/ME has the HTTPS selected.  Is there something I am missing here?

I have attached the steps I took from the ME 6.0 Security Guide and the WS Security Guide

http://EmailLargeFile.com/d/Z5$IQZAWZAQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps to solve our issues.

Step 79 issue was solved by applying the web service security protocol to all services.  Guide suggest to change from HTTP to HTTPS.  Actuality, we had to go from HTTPS to HTTP.  Not sure if there is a note out there explaining this.

Step 57 & Step 75 pertain to the data sources created.  If there are already present and tested, this error can be skipped.

Then we discovered an error with the SyncDocServce.trx (ORA-01460).  This issue was solved by using the correct ojdbc6.jar version.  14 was used when 6 should have been.

Delete the sapmewip and sapmeint data sources

Delete the jdbc resource

Add the jdbc resource

Re execute the ctc and it was successful without any steps skipped.

Tested the MATMAS iDoc and the data appears in ME.

Thanks Konstantin!!