Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox vs PI 7.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert.

I'm runining Firefox 3.6.17.

I'm starting to get problem with that old version.

What kind of version of Firefox can I use to run PI 7.10 above 3.6.17 ?

If I use the latest verion I can't work in SLD(System Landscape).

/perarne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Per-Arne,

I also had Firefox running on my computer. Unfortunately, after an update of Firefox several pages in PI were not displayed properly anymore. There is no remedy to this, I haven't seen a Firefox version working with PI since then (yet). I switched to IE 8, since IE is officially supported by SAP. I heard Chrome should also work fine with PI, in case you don't like IE and would like to try something else.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

I uninstalled IE 9, and got back to IE 8, and that works with PI. So I have to use IE instead of Firefox even if I prefeer Firefox.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may prefer using IE 7.0  or IE 8.0 for PI 7.1 rather than using Firefox  as Baskar suggested,

Also check your compatability view settings while making use of IE ......................Tools-------------> Compatability view settings--------------> Select Display all intranet sites

Thanks,

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm using IE 8.0 for the PI 7.1. No issues. Firefox is open source browser and there are some random plugin updates that could cause the interruption and it is not with respect to any version. If you know how to unplugin some updates still this would not cause any error.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My suggestion is use IE 7 because i faced smiliar issues with IE 9 and Fire fox.