cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Word or Excel file in Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 Support Package 24. and I am new to solution Manager as well.

My situation is that I have to create a Business blueprint and perform Test Management Cycle.

I have created a business blueprint in SOLAR01 and in SOLAR 02 transaction I have to upload test cases in either word or excel format.

and after creating the Test Plan and test package when the Test package is assigned to the tester.

the tester  open his worklist and update the test case status/result in Test Note.

As of now I am able to view the test casesin .TXT format but not in .DOC or .XLS format.

When I am uploading the test cases in ". TXT" format , I am able to view them in SOLAR02 (Test Cases tab) and in Tester Worklist- Test Note. But with word or Excel file it is not getting displayed

It is working fine in Solution Manager 7.1. there we can view the Word and Excel document.

Is this possible in any manner in Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 by applying any kind of note or some settings in SAP IMG or anything else. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

The problem is resolved now. The problem was due to SAP GUI version. I updated the SAP GUI version to 720 and it worked fine for me.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to view the test cases in .doc format in both 7.0 Ehp1 and 7.1.

May i know are you able to create or upload word document in solar01 project documentation.

if there also not, you need to check document types defined in solar_project_Admin -> project standards-> documentation type

please confirm

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

can you please advice if there is any specific kind of documentation type that helps in opening Word or excel file?

In SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN -> project standards-> documentation type I have clicked on project template button there for Test cases (ATC) i have changed the file extension to DOC and for additional document as well.

Now again if i try to upload the word doc they are getting uploaded but i am not able to view them. Earlier i was getting the message "the document cannot be displayed " but now after changing the extension in project standards tab the error is not coming but the document is not getting displayed in both SOLAR01 and SOLAR02.

Moreover when we execute STWB_2 and try to update the test case status and we use Test Note there also if  I try to upload any word doc then i get a message that document cannot be edited.

if I try to create a new document then only TXT format is opened.

And if i use the option Copy from Test Case then also word doc gives the error.

please advice if there is any other setting that needs to be done.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Solar01 i am still getting the error "document cannot be displayed"