SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMDERIVE for Down Payment Processes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

We got to update down payment processes in FM.

We have a derivation step for commitment items derivation from Function Module FMDT_READ_MT_ACCOUNT_COMPANY and "overwrite field not filled" radiobutton selected. This step is making the down payment document creation to change commitment item derived from the Purchase Order. I know I have to select "do not overwrite field not filled" in order to mantain the account assignment from the PO to make a proper down payment updating.

I want to know if I can create a new step with "do not overwrite field not filled" radiobutton selected to use only with down payment processes (value ctg. 61) in its condition, and mantain the existing step for all other values ctg excepting down payments.

Thks.

Gustavo F. Cordeiro

10 REPLIES 10

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you asking technically or functionally? Technically, you can define whatever rule you like, including the one you described putting value type as your condition. Functionally, you have to see if the business scenarios in this case are well maintained and you don't experience problems in the full expense flow.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Eli.

Actually I am asking technically. I searched for the value type field to fill in the module function condition, but it is not available as option in the match code.

How can I make the value type field available to put in the function module condition? Or...

Is there another way or suggestion to have the same functional result?

Thks.

Gustavo F. Cordeiro.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

???

You should have it: the field is VAL_TYPE. In the 'condition' tab for the rule you create.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli,

VAL_TYPE is valuation type field. It`s not the Value Type field as desired. Believe me Value Type is not there.

I am trying to search any other available field but FMDERIVE is not reading any fields that would might be usefull in F-48, like the Trans.Type (180), or the Business Transactions AZBU, KAZO, AZUM, or KAZM. Them my problem still remais.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I currently don't have the system, so cannot check this VAL_TYPE thing, but business transaction is certainly available as a field in FMDERIVE.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You were right about VAL_TYPE, sorry. But business transaction, document type or transaction type should solve it for you normally. Also, check if with BADI_FMDERIVE could not be useful if none of these fields suits your needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Eli.

Well... I never used this BADI. Checking client's system there is nothing active relative to it. Do you have any instruction file or linkfor me to analyse if the BADI_FMDERIVE applies for us? Also, if possible, do you have a hint to manipulate conditions over this BADI?

Thks.

Gustavo.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is documentation if you go through SE84. And there is an info on this forum already; I remember giving some explanations. But, why business transaction or document type is not good?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business transaction RFBU is used for many other accounting processes than down payments. The same thing applies to the KZ document type.

Document type is easy to change in the F-48 default. I could create a specific document type for down payment documents. I only have to check if the client have any devolopment that uses document type field (or its number range) as parameter or condition that could be affected by this changing.

The worst thing is that the change needed over this derivation process won't be transparent for users anymore. This solution will necessarely involve other cliet's departments.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd say a separate document type for downpayments sounds like a descent solution.