cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Billing Document to have billing date modifiable

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 10-12 billing documents that were canceled after go-live but have billing dates in the past.

I need to change config so the billing date can be changed to current to get these old documents

canceled. Is this possible?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There,

I have encountered the same issue. you can check the reference number/payer via FBL5N, this seems like an open item in customer display item and this suppose to clear the accounting document. I'm trying to look for a better solution in clearing the accounting document in document flow, to close the same kind of issue you have for this. hoping to get a better resolution from the group.

Thanks,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billing date is editable for cancellation invoice also, if its accounting document is not created. Please change billing date in header of Billing document. And release invoice in current open period.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you!

In my tests, I saw that the billing date was uneditable in the invoice cancellation document.

I shall try again, taking in to consideration your post.

If the field billing date is still uneditable in invoice cancellation document (when the accounting document is not yet created), I shall inform you.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

I have tested invoice cancellation (S1 billing type), the field FKDAT (billing date) is uneditable, even when posting block is set for S1 (in VOFA). I have tested this in IDES.

Could you please comment why field billing date is uneditable?

(FKDAT for billing document (F2 billing type) is editable, when accounting document is not created.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The original invoice document that you cancelled, was it posted to accounting? Or, does it not have accounting document also? From my test, billing document date is editable when the preceeding document is posted to accounting. When the original invoice is not, billing date in S1 is not editable. Please also verify. Thanks.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am getting different results from my tests.

Even if billing document is posted to accounts (i.e. accounting doc is created). Accounting doc for cancellation billing document (S1 billing type) is not created. Still FKDAT in cancellation billing document is uneditable.

Could you please test and inform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone back to the billing document using VF02, go-to, header, header and changed the billing date. This allowed me to release the billing doc. Some work order statuses needed to be changed but this was successful.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Field Billing date (FKDAT) is editable in VF02 if the accounting document is not created.

The FKDAT is at header level of the billing document (not the overview / initial screen).

In an invoice cancellation document, the FKDAT is uneditable, even if accounting document is not created. What does your test indicate?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's the available way that you can do, so you can release the invoices to accounting. In your business process, make the, do cancellation at current period. Or make sure they do month-end checking of pending documents so you will avoid hanging documents.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot change the billing date once they are saved or cancelled.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

How will I be able to clear up all the billing documents that are in VFX3?  I cannot release them to accounting due to prior dates.  I get this error  -

Document 0090001022 saved (no accounting document generated)

Posting period 009 2011 is not open