SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Grants Specific Liabilities in GM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created an invoice where the line items are charged to different grants. For each grant in the system, my client maintains a house bank for payment for all their transactions. However, such multi-grant expense invoices are paid using an (Main company) unrestricted fund bank account that does not belong to any particular grant.

The current process is such that at the end of the month, each grant is invoiced for their portion of this multi-grant invoice that was paid using the main company bank account. These grants then refund their own share of this multi-grant invoice (by paying for these liabilities)

I have an issue translating this process to SAP as the expectation is that grants can owe the company as a result of the payments made on their behalf but these liabilities are not recognised in the system because all the banks belong to the same company code.

Can anyone kindly give me an idea of the best way to go about this so that we can see the liabilities for the different grants and also get to pay for them. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you have to use different house back to track the grant spending? You already entered grants on the expense iotems in invoices. You will need to enter payment transfer in FM. And you can just use Grant Billing functionality to get reimburst.

Regards,

Ming