SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECS Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

my requirement is when a customer makes payment through ECS then he/she gets 1% discount on total bill in terms of ECS incentive.

Could anyone tell me how to configure ECS percentage in sap system.

Regards,

Md.Rehan

10 REPLIES 10

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rehan,

There is no such standard configuration node for configuring the ECS percentage in SAP.

However, you requirement can be met by customization.

But, you need to first finalise the design, as to how this discount will be adjusted.

Will it be adjusted with the current invoice or with the next invoice?

For ex-If the invoice amount is, say 100, then during ECS, whether 99 will be posted from ECS and 1 as discount.or, will 100 will posted as payment and 1 as discount?  

In a normal scenario, discount is adjusted with the next invoice.

So, if that is the situation, then you can use event 0032 for your requirement.

Normally, ECS payments have a separate origin key (06)  and so you can use it as an identifier and calculate the discount amount and pass it to any standard FM to post the discount line item.

Hope it helps in answering your query.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi,

During invoicing based the total amount on which ECS discount needs to be calculated 1% of the total amount. ECS discount that needs to be given to customer if the customer has availed the ECS facility. The amount calculated will be posted as info line item to invoice.

The enhancement you need to perform the following during the invoicing ,Event R402 gets called the function module ISU_SAMPLE_R402 which will need to be copied and also during the invoicing.

On this charges a discount of  1% is to be given to customer who have availed the facility of ECS.

Event R402 will post ECS charges to BP whose payment was not dishonoured by the bank.Here return flag will also from the bank then only discount.

Basic things you have to do,

ECS details at contract account level.

Check if the customer has availed ECS discount,

(In event R999 check can be performed by checking the ECS details at contract account level)

Need a contract account with below details updated under payment and taxes tab

Incoming payment method

Currency

Bank details ID for incoming payment

I think this will help you.

regards,

Nags

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

ECS incentive is getting calculated but the issue is we have recently included a variable charges, And ECS incentive should consider this also.

Ex1: consumption Billing charges 8000

Fixed Charges        200

Total                   1000

ECS incentive 1% of 1000 is 10 which is calculating perfectly

now we have the following below issue

Ex:2

consumption Billing charges      8000 

Fixed Charges       200

Variable Charges   100

Total                   1100

now ECS incentive 1% of 1100 is 11 should get deducted in the next invoice. but it is not considering the variable charges.

i have gone through the events 0032, R999, R402 and R403 but unble to find any solution. from which R403 is customized one. but it is showing only ECS incentive maximum limit. but ECS incentive logic.

please i need your suggestions.

0 Kudos

Hi Rehan,

First, you need to understand, where these variable charges are coming from.

Are they coming from the billing space? If yes, then definately it would be a part of the billing document and you can retrieve them from tables DBERCHZ1, DBERCHZ3 etc based on some line item type.

If these charges are coming from FI-CA space, like manual postings, then you will be able to find them in event R402. 

Hope it helps in answering your query.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Variable charges are maintained in Rate steps and included in the billing line items and in invoice line items as well.

but the ECS is not calculating on the amount of these variable charges, Moreover the ECS value is not coming in the billing line items. It is only displaying in invoice line items

can you please help me where should  I include the calculation logic for ECS to consider the variable charge amount.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Md. Rehan.

0 Kudos

Hi Rehan,

Please let me know where you have configured the 1% discount for calculating the discount for ECS.

And how are you retreiving the consumption charges and the fixed charges?

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Amlan,

ECS was already configured long back by some other consultant. now i have to find out ECS logic. i tried almost everything but not getting solution.

Thanks

Md.Rehan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Did you find any Information on ECS??

Thanks

Md.Rehan

0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraj,

Did you find any information about ECS??

Thanks

Md.Rehan

0 Kudos

Hello Rehan,

ECS is being calculated in Invoice Documents only as it is an enhancement of Event R999 and R402 Calculation related to ECS is present in these Events.You could view it using T-Code FQEVENTS kindly discuss the details with your technical consultant to complete code modification.

You may need to include Main and Sub Transactions of Variable charge you would like to include in ECS Calculation.

Also verify that these Main and Sub transactions are also included in FICA Tables Like DFKKOP