cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection start date should different from GR date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Experts,

My scenario is.... once we do GR of FG from production, product is kept in storage location for incubation. after incubation period quality department go for quality inspection and as per result take decision of OK or not OK.

How can i map this in SAP. here Inspection start date is 6 days(Incubation period) after the GR  date from production . how can i make automatically inspection start date = GR date + incubation time for this FG. also system should not allow to do RR & UD during incubation period.

Kindly  Guide,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inspection start date & end date is derived from the QM view --->Inspection type.

Std sap says:

Average Inspection Duration

Average duration of an inspection (in days) for each inspection type.

Use

When an inspection lot is created and you enter the start date for an inspection, the system uses the value stored in this field for the average inspection duration to calculate the end date for the inspection.
If you enter the end date of the inspection when the inspection lot is created, the system calculates the start date of the inspection using the average inspection duration entered in this field.

You can not manupulate these dates and there is no way is suppose.

coming back to your second question :

also system should not allow to do RR & UD during incubation period.

This you can user exit like :

For UD control : QEVA0010 UD: Usage decision check

For RR control :QEEM0015 User exit: add. functions after entering individual results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

I cheked field Average Inspection Duration ,before raising this issue , in inspection type but i think it work for manual inspection lot creation. else when can i enter inspection end date as lot will create automatically while doing GR from production(Inspection Type 04 activated in material master)

say for FG i activate inspection type- 04 . and enter average inspection duration in inspection type as 6 days.

Doing GR from production on date 15. 06.2012. where can i enter inspection end date as 27.06.2012 so that system calculate inspection start date as 21 06.2012. as we doesn't want to inspect before 6 days of incubation from the date of GR.

Please guide,

Regards.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

I have a different view here. What I think is, you must add incubation as the last operation in your routing / recipe. Shouldn't you declare the production after incubation? You may opt for 2 different material codes here if required and feasible. One before incubation and another incubation. Have a look on it.

Coming to your technical query,

You can modify inspection start and eds dates in QA02. You can also make use of ref field monitor on the basis on start date or end date in order facilitate the appropriate selection in QA32. That still doesn't ensure that you can not do RR during this time frame. You must go for enhancement to achieve this. Have a look on exits Sujit suggested.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Laxmi

You have to  take the help of abaper for validation and inspecton start date if automatically.

For validation check user userexit as suggested by Sujit

Manish

Answers (0)