cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do know that the archiving period for integration engine is done in the abap stack.  Where do i find out the archiving settings for the adapter engine.

I am not able to view messages beyound 2 days from the adapter engine..

Regards

Anandh.B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Still waiting for answer.  Can anyone tell me where to set the retention period for adapter engine.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As MIchal pointed out this is nothing to do with archiving process. Are you looking for monitoring past history messages in adapter engine? You can maximum monitor your messages specific to individual interface upto 10000. Also the option in the message monitoring adapter engine filter setting shows for a day or week or specify sender and receiver date and monitor the messages. Is that you want?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basker,

If you look at my original question, all i want is to check the retention period settings for the adapter engine.  I am able to view messages only for past 2 days.

Hope this is clear!

Regards

Anandh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use paramter xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default in NWA under XPI Adapter XI .

The default valus is 86400000 Msec. You can change it . Ex 604800000 ( 7 days )

If you are using PI 7.0 or lower version, please check thsi paramater in Visual admin under XI Adapter service.

You have to restart the service to make this effective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply. Can you explain the path where I will find this parameter. If you can let me know the full path like nwa->operation management-> etc so that i can check the value.

Regards

Anandh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

NWA-->Confoguration Managment-->Infrastructure-->Java System properties.

And then go services TAB and searh for XPI Adapter: XI. You will get this parameter.

If you cannot modify this value in NWA, you may need to do in Config tool ( which your BASIS team can help it )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh, Is this setting for both Archive and Deletion job or only for Archive job.  I believe both these jobs check the persistDuration value.

Please comment.

Regards

Anandh.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is for both Archive and Delete.

once you set up archiving job + Archive rules in AAE,the messages will get deleted from AAE once the archival job is finished.

if you want to archive only specific interfaces, you need to define the rules in AAE and then run your archival job. This job first archive the message in the server or file system and then delete them from DB.

If you don't want any interface specific settings, just run the archival job which will Archive and then delete all messages from DB.

the retention period is what you said in the above.parameter

PS: Reward points if this is helpful

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

URL  for maintaining expiry time of Adapter engine message:

http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/archiving/reorgdb.jsp

Refer the blow blog for more details about Archiving and deletion,

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/Archiving/Page4.htm

Regards

Baskaran K

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Baskaran,

>>>>URL  for maintaining expiry time of Adapter engine message:

>>>http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/archiving/reorgdb.jsp

WHAT ? this has nothing to do with maintaining expiry time of AE messages !

this page can only be used for manual and unscheduled message database reorganisation !

it's not controlled by any job

Please don't suggest such options if you don't know what there're doing....

Thank you,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the URL given by Baskaran, I can see that the number of days set are 20.  But, I can view only 2 days messages in Adapter Engine.

Please let me know whether to view the setting.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per my reply - this has nothing to do with AE archiving.... 

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for correcting my wrong reply. Sorry for that.