SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARTMAS idoc issue - "classification not possible"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While re-processing ARTMAS idoc – there is an error message that gets displayed as follows:“Classification not possible”

As well - I have not been able to find much on the internet on this topic. So - no clue why this error message pops up.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Soujanya.

6 REPLIES 6

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which material type are you using?

what article category is it?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Article type is customised (Y article type) and article category is 02(Variant).

Regards,

Soujanya,

0 Kudos

Hi Soujanya,

if you're article is a variant, you need to have maintained characteristics (or characteristics profiles), e.g. "size", which have to be assigned to your merchandise category. When creating the article, you have to define, which characteristic value your article has, e.g. "L". In my opinion, there are two possible error reasons.

1. The characteristic data in your idoc are incorrect (Segment E1BPE1AUSPRT)

2. The characteristic data in your ERP-System are incorrect (e.g. no characteristic assigned to the MC of your article).

Regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I also have the same issue, there are 4 styles with same product hierarchy and with same Merchandise category but only 3 styles (ARTMAS Idoc) has been successfully posted from SAP AFS to SAP Retail and one style IDoc is in error with message  "CLASSIFICATION WAS NOT POSSIBLE".

I have tried so many times to send the new Idoc and process in BD87 in retail system but every time I am getting same error.

I have compared all the processed IDocs segments and did not get any discrepancy in any segment. 

Regards

Amit

Message was edited by: Amit Dwivedi

0 Kudos

Hi Amit:

Most likely the dependant master data is not correct (characteristics, characteristics values, characteristic profile) or you have not filled the correct characteristic related values in the IDoc.

See http://scn.sap.com/community/retail/blog/2014/12/04/create-generic-and-variants-using-lsmw

------------------------------------

Paul Gendreau, Jr

SAP Retail

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply, but as you described that is not the case for me, as all the settings has been done and 3 styles processed with the same Hierarchy and MCategory, I also have compared the segments with processed Idocs and did  not get any discrepancy.

Regards

Amit