cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relevance of Factory calendar in routes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have question on the factory calendar.

Currently we have factory calendar at shipping point level and even have factory calendar at routes too.

My concern is what will the factory calendar at routes impact if we even have factory calendar at shipping point with different working days.

I am aware that the shipping point FC will effect the pick/pack time, loading time  at delivery and route will take the transit time and transportation lead time

But what will routes FC do if its different with the shipping point FC at the time of shipment.

Some of our routes does not have and some have the factory calendar.

what would be the best possibility to have the factory calendar at route or not ?If so what will be the impact at both the cases?

Regards

Srik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreejanth ,

I am not sure FC is impact on Route but I think Factory Calender is Impact 100% on Route why because Factory Calender is Reveals which date that  customer is working or not.

Fc present in 4 organizational units

1. Plant

2. Company code

3. Storage location

and 4. Shipping Point

But almost all companies follow Shipping Point FC

Thanks,

Naren K

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Srik,

I will try to answer this. Factory Calendar in route and Shipping point serve the same purpose but for different scenario.

Shipping Point- Let's say here you maintain that on Saturday this Shipping Point within the Plant/warehouse is not operational then this means that you cannot create the delivery PGI on this date for this "Shipping point" as it will not allow you.

Route- Let's say that in a particular route in which you follow some construction is going on or maintenance or whatever reason is going on on a particular date. Let's say on Tuesday you can maintain it here and also it will not allow you to use this route or do Delivery for this route.

If you have maintained 1 then system will take the 1 you configured into consideration. If you have maintained FC at both places system will take both into consideration. It depends on how you want to use it.

I would suggest you use the shipping point FC if you are not too specific or into the smallest pot hole in the ground for route. You can also assign a FC at plant level also. Maybe someone else with more experience can spread some deeper light on its usage and/or correct me where I may be wrong.

Good Luck

Message was edited by: Muhammad Ali Lozada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to work out with both cases having FC at route and without FC at route.

When i have done the cycles for both

SO,DELIVERY,SHIPMENT..

I found no difference in the delivery and shipment.

I was expecting FC at route to be worked in different as compared to FC at shipping point.

Like i took FC with all working days at route and FC at shipping point with only on weekdays(monday - friday).When i triggered the shipment it worked with no difference.

Then where can we find the difference on these case..

Looking for your inputs...

Regards

Srikanth