cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling of update processes (UPD) for particular server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We got a functional requirement  for clearing all open items against all customers. For this process we require lot of update processes and we have got enough UPD's as well like 12 in central instance and 5 in app. server.

We have a custom code for clearing the same and when we schedule for clearing say 20 customers initially it will run one BGD process and then UPD processes will be allocated accordingly which takes hours time to clear all items. During this allocation of UPD processes, my all UPD's are getting filled up in APP. server without leaving atleast single which is causing preformance issues under the same application server logged users.

Now my query is there any way to control or pointing all 5 application server UPD's also to central instance only like we do schedule jobs in SM36 (Exce. Target).

Please suggest.

Rgds,

Durga.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

There should be no issue if your app server update processes are filled up, as long as you have available ones is your CI. In anycase you can switch resources using Operation Modes to increase the amount of UPD processes on the run.

You could also reduce the scope of your job to select smaller customer batches.

Regards, Juan

Message was edited by: Juan Reyes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Thanks for the update.

Due to performance issues we are scheduling only 10 to 30 customers at a time(out of more than 1000 customers), b'cos some customer has 1000s of line items.

Eventhough there are quite few UPD available in CI, users logged in app are unable to post or update any of jobs (noticed in sm13 - to be updated) b'cos of unavailability in app.server.

As you mentioned how can i switch resources using Operation Modes to increase the amount of UPD processes on the run ?

With present resources, i cannot increase UPD in application server.

Please elaborate on your suggestion once.

Rgds,

Durga.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually i retract of my first comment, You can use update groups via SM14

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/e5/de872335cd11d3acb00000e83539c3/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/e5/de873535cd11d3acb00000e83539c3/frameset.htm

Regards,

Juan

PS: I edited my first post to avoid confusion.

Message was edited by: Juan Reyes

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

any help on this topic...please suggest.

Rgds,

Durga.