cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in calling RFC multiple times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've a siuation, where in my UDF I'm calling an RFC in my Message Mapping at the start(first link) of the MAP. The scenerio is, based on the number of values(from the IDOC fields) I would call the RFC 1 to N times. For each value I request to RFC it would send 5 different values. I basically store these return values in the containter;later down in the map I use these RFC return values in the output XML fields.

At the first link when I do "Display queue" on the UDF I see the RFC is called 1 to N times and also see the the return values are getting stored in the container.
But I test the map in the "Test" tab, after the RFC is called for the 1st time, the PI compilaion processor goes on to the next nodes/fields below. This is what i see in the transformation log.
So down in the map when I try to assign the return values of the 2nd RFC call I'm not getting the values.

I don't know why after the first RFC call the PI compilarion processor goes to the next below nodes as part of the compilation without calling the RFC N times and move on the next below nodes/fields?

Can you please help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I would call the RFC 1 to N times. For each value I request to RFC it would send 5 different values.

design suggestion:

you can never do it like that - this is the worse practice -  create a new RFC which will take table parameters

and call it only once from the mapping

if you will have more then a few calls with multiple messages the flow will start to fail and you will have to redo it again - so please do it in a proper way form the beginning

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RajKumar,

As michal pointed your design not correct.

check below blog it explins how to handle multiple RFC lookups in single RFC .

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/01/28/graphical-rfc-lookup-and-how-you-...

Why are you using UDF> whats your PI system version? PI 7.1 onwards we can achive look ups using graphical functions.(search in scn).

Regards,

Raj