Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SapOffice send external emails anonymous, or changing real Username

0 Kudos

Hy I would need some help with SAPOffice sending external mails.

Some of our users use SAPOffice to send mails to external email addresses.

In the email they send the real name, maintained in the SU01, is introduced as sender. But some of the users have to send an email as “department” and there should not appear their real name. Some should be able to send emails without the recipient knowing the real name of the person.

Is there a way to customize SAPOffice to suppress the Name field or even substitute these with other values, for example department etc..?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this depends on transaction/program that they are using. Usually, the program uses user as a sender. Technically, it's possible to set sender to anything but it really depends on program's logic.

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this depends on transaction/program that they are using. Usually, the program uses user as a sender. Technically, it's possible to set sender to anything but it really depends on program's logic.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Dear Martin,

The user uses the standard ts SO00 to send mails from the SAPOffice. I didnt find a way to change the SAPOffice configuration to avoid sending the users personal name in the email header.

Thanks anyway for  your answer, but I´m looking for a solution for that ts.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos

No one had this problem before? Can’t believe I’m the only with this issue.

Perhaps I didn’t express me well, I´ll try it again.

User HMüller with the name Hans Müller works at the support department.

He wants to send an internet Mail out of SAPOffice to a external customer pfridolin@company.com.
For that he uses the transaction SO00.

In this email should not appear his names Hans Müller neither his personal email address. 

The sender name of the email (Hans Müller) should be substituted by Support Department.

Perhaps that’s a bit more explanatory.

0 Kudos

Hi Fernando

I too had this issue. I came up with the following viable options (sure there are more):

1. Modifying the E-Mail, Last Name, First Name specified in SU01 to the requirements.

2. Creation of an Generic User with minimal Auths for the task, with the specified requirements in SU01. (dont recommend a generic User)

3. Creating a Z version of RSCONN01 (to alter the email header prior to sending) This allows individual Users to retain individual email addresses and (potentially) fulfills the stated requirement.

I went with option 3. I have not looked at this issue for a while, so there could be other solutions.

Personally I am quite complexed that SAP doesnt provide this ability. Being pedantic, I dont like the public knowing named users within a SAP System (assuming they can guess the User ID for First, Last Name).

Hope this helps

Regards

0 Kudos

Did you try to ask for this at OSS? Maybe the fix is like "ten minutes of development and 20 minutes testing" or could be more but the support person have the nice "yes, sure, that makes sense, how comes we didn't think about this before" mentality and accept the messge for development.

Cheers Otto

0 Kudos

Well first of all I want to thank you for all the answers.

The solution I went for is that I will make a program and a “User Maping Table” where I can map real users to template users. Afterwards I will set the program to be the first step in the mail send job. This program will then go and change the users in the soos table according to the “User Maping Table” before the RSCONN01 is launched. This way I do no have to change any standard program.

About putting an OSS Message, sincerely I dismissed the idea earlier because I was expecting to get a “This is an Consulting related issue, please contact your Consulting partner, or contact our Consulting services” type of response.

I will set one, perhaps this will be included in the standard for future releases, at least it makes sense to more people then me.

Cheers and thanks for all your input.

0 Kudos

I wish you luck, because it sounds like something people would use often. At least it makes very good sense to me. If that does not involve huge reworking, your chances are pretty high. And the OSS support guys are often quite friendly. Worth a try IMHO.

Cheers Otto