cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with japan currency while creating billing doc by VF01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after creating billing doc by VF01 for Japan (currency JYP)system is show Net value (NETWR) but when we checking in table level NETWR is divided by 100 and then showing Ex; in VF01 Netvalue is 188 but when we check VBRK/VBRP-NETWR ; it is showing 1.88 .. for all other currency(USD, KZ, CAD, CNY......etc) its working fine only for JYP issue.

any suggestion are appreciable.

thanks........ 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following notes whether they helps you:-

1. Note 1352973 - Decimal value of price & value changes for the currency JPY
  2. Note 1311194 - Currency w/o decimals:Wrong transaction amount while posting

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manesh,

Multiply with 100 with that value (means with 1.88) in your logic (ABAP coding). Problem will be solved.

Let me know if you face any problem.

Thanks

Sourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manesh,

This is the normal behaviour of the SAP system, when it is using a currency without decimals (i.e. there is no "change currency" for the specific currency key, like "cent" for USA dollar [USD] or "eurocent" for Euro [EUR]). SAP automatically uses 2 decimals for storing the values (because of historical reasons, cause it is originally designed for German Mark and Pfennig...) so you will always see 2 decimals in NETWR fields and by that time every currency had a change currency too.

Today in some countries (Japan, Korea, Hungary...) there are no change currencies, so SAP takes the information from table TCURX to determine how to handle a value content:

- When currency key is not in TCURX, SAP treats the value with 2 decimals, and display the table content as it is on the screen. This means the default value of currency decimals has to be used, which is 2.

- When currency key is in TCURX, SAP multiplies or divides the value, based on the currency decimals content (TCURX-CURRDEC)

So when TCURX-CURRDEC is 0 (for JPY, KRW, HUF....etc) SAP multiplies the database value by 100, because the difference is 2 decimal places from the default ( 2 - 0 = 2 )

If you are , for ex., building a query or an ABAP preport, you have to handle this when displaying the value,  based on actual TCURX content.

I hope my explanation was clear.

BR

Barna