SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Make Meter Reading Note Mandatory at time of Meter Reading Upload/Entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i need to make the meter reading note field mandatory in the screen EL28.

its a busness requirement that whenever a user enters meter reading the system should ask for meter reading note also.

I was able to achieve so by giving an error message at the time of save.

the issue is that this meter reading entry activity takes place in lots of process like disconnection/replacement/Installation and many more.

and every time its a different screen and different tcode.

so my error comes at a different screen which is not of EL28 and so user cannot come out and also cannot enter meter note.

this becomes a deadlock and the only option is to close the transaction and restart.

kindly propose me any solution which could be used in place of error message.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Sorry but not clear what you are trying to mention.

One thing is clear if you have made the MR note mandatory, then whatever be the transaction, the user need to enter it in the transaction.

The thing is user should know where to maintain/enter/input it in that particular transaction, and then save it.

Regards
Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankit,

Save is the best place for you to do it as every transaction does call it . what you can do is make a check for the TCODE which has triggered the MR upload. if the TCODE is EL28 or any of the transactions which allow manual entry of meter reads then the user can be prompted to enter the MR Note if it is blank (pop up a custom screen to populate it which will be dispalyed everytime and use the value from the screen to populate the result at runtime). you need to make this specific to TCODEs as you cannot have the error popping up if the reads are entered via the standard methods to upload the read like BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD

Cheers,

Amin 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Your requirement is not clear to me. You want to throw an error message only from EL28 not from other processes  or you want throw the error msg from all processes without deadlock of the screen ?

Regards,

Rajesh