cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA01 w.r.t Contract | change Distribution Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to change the distribution channel in VA01 screen for a Sales order created with reference to a contract.

The distribution channel as in Contract and as in Sales order needs to be different.

My user wants to create a Sales Order with reference to Contract but change the Distribution Channel while creating the Sales order.

I tried doing this but got the error "Distribution channels deviate from each other. and/or xx (reference)".

Has anybody done this before?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error Message: Distribution channels deviate from each other and/or XX (reference).

Example:

Contract is created in a sales area which belongs to exports sales area.

User Requirement:

They want to create the sales order with reference to contract but in a domestic sales area.

The user wants to change the distribution channel so that it picks the desired pricing procedure.

Impact of Alternative approach:

After having examined different approaches. I am proposing the following alternative approach, could you please let me know the impact.

Instead of allowing the user to change the distribution channel while attempting to create the sales order with reference to contract, I've created a new sales order document type and assigned it to the same sales area that the contract belongs to.

In OVKK, for the new sales order document type, I have assigned the domestic pricing procedure. Now when the user creates the sales order he does not have to change the distribution channel, and I donot have to tamper the standard behavior. The system now picks up the pricing procedure as desired by the user.

My objective:

1. Wanted to avoid Z development and wanted to fit the requirement via standard approach.
  2. Wanted to incorporate tried and tested method, the domestic sales area pricing has been working fine for several years.
  3. Relatively less painful for both the user and the consultant. User has to choose just the new document in VA01 and I as a consultant have to just map the new document to pick the existing pricing procedure.

My question:

Am I missing something.

Thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've created a new sales order document type and assigned it to the same sales area that the contract belongs to.

Parallelly, you need to extend both the customer and material !!!!!!

I am proposing the following alternative approach

Absolutely okay

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The argument by the user against above opinions is that all the master data, transaction data will be taken care of.

Assuming that all the pre-requisite information is taken care of, can we have allow a sales order to pick a different distribution channel than the one from which it is created (Sales order based on contract).

Appreciate your insightful info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your inputs.

I did have this suspicion of inconsistencies but the user wants this to be done. I am not going to do this instantly but wanted to weigh all the PRO's and CON's. I need to justify the reason for either doing it or not doing it.

I did a bit of investigation on the standard behavior.

1. Executed VTAA TCode, header details (source doc/target doc), Copying requirements field, routine number 601.

what if I get the following piece of code modified by an ABAP consultant.

* Is the dist. channel the same in both reference and target?

IF HVBAK-VTWEG NE VBAK-VTWEG.

MESSAGE E011 WITH HVBAK-VTWEG VBAK-VTWEG.

ENDIF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Sales Area has a lot of influence in the transaction, eg master data, pricing procedure, condition records, etc..hence it cannot be changed as this will result in data inconsistencies as mentioned above. Each sales document belongs to a unique sales area.

Regards,

AHD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the standard thing as, you cannont change sales area when you are copying from any source.

-----

Rahul