Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to delete file after Processing FTP via adapter Module

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone, 

We have a scenario where we are picking file from R/3 application server via adapter module because we are using FTP and not NFS.

The code that we have written is giving us two problem :

1) it gets error out with the below message

2) The Delete function is just making the file empty , but not removing the file from the folder.

For deletion this is the piece of code that we have written :

//last steps

out.close();

audit.addAuditLogEntry(key, AuditLogStatus.SUCCESS,"out is closed");

fClient.closeServer();

audit.addAuditLogEntry(key, AuditLogStatus.SUCCESS,"server connection is closed");

FileLocation = new URL("ftp://"+uname+":"+pwd+"@"+host+ fileLocation+ "");

audit.addAuditLogEntry(key, AuditLogStatus.SUCCESS,"entering the server again");

DeleteFile(FileLocation);

audit.addAuditLogEntry(key, AuditLogStatus.SUCCESS,"file is deleted");

return inputModuleData;

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>We have a scenario where we are picking file from R/3 application server via adapter module because we are using FTP and not NFS.

I don't get this requirement... why don't use use file adapter which can pull files from FTP

and do the deletion without any adapter modules ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

We are using adapter module because there is a trigger file concept in the process.

Based on "ABC.ok" (without content) file , i have to pick up the ABC ( content ) file from the directory .

And to incorporate this functionality, we have created a Adapter module.

Regards,

Ravi

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Based on "ABC.ok" (without content) file , i have to pick up the ABC ( content ) file from the directory .

this is also possible to do without any adapter module - just with file with attachment handling

so there is also no need to develop any adapter module for such functionality

I believe it's even described in one of the blogs (but it's pretty simple without it too)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

This is a normal File to File scenario . A file from R/3 Application server needs to be transferrred to 3rd party file server.

Then how can attachment handling be helpful here.

Please guide me with the link ( blog ) if there is any .

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos