cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple change documents for 1 Request for Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In solman 7.1 it's possible to create multiple change documents (=CDs) per RfC, i.e. 2 normal changes per RfC. However, there is no dependency between the 2 CDs, hence it's possible to move only one change of the 2 to Production, even though the 2nd CD isn't completed yet.

How do I deal with dependencies between changes?

(I know it's possible to assign multiple Transports requests to a CD (i.e. workbench and customization transports), however the problem is that the developer and the consultant will have to work and update the same CD, and it's still possible to import only one of the transports to QA (not to Production though).)

I would appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

Adi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can,the only criteria is that the CD should be in status of successfully tested,( for this all the TR inside CD should be relased and TOC created, tested in test system)  and the maintenance cycle should be in the status of Go - Live.

While setting the status of Go - Live you will get the warning about the the other Change document, but you can proceed, system allows you.

Have you checked that?

Pleaes update.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thank you for answering.

I'm trying to simulate the scenario you have suggested. I have created 2 CDs - 990 and 991 under CR 989.

CD 990 is in status "tested successfully", the original transport is in QA ready for PROD.

CD 991 has not yet been tested (didn't get to QA yet).

The maintenance cycle is in phase Go Live.

Where should I see the warning message? CR/ CD/ maintenance transaction?

should I perform the import of the transports to PROD in order to get the warning?

And when I get the warning, is there a way to prevent the change from going into PROD before CD 991 is ready to go to PROD?

Thank you,

Adi