cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap with multiple attachments in PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My requirement is to process Soap message with 4 attachments in SAP PI.

As of my understanding, we can export the .wsdl file from sender agreement and send attachments with it from soap clients.

I am using Soap UI to test it. First have imported the .wsdl file and sent a test message from Soap UI tool with an attachment. This message is successful in PI. But when I sent the same message with more than one attachment, it failed before reaching IE.

Error Desc: Received HTTP response code 400 : Bad request: Content-type of part not set

Please provide me some inputs on how can I achieve this requirement.

Also, please provide some information on Attachment Folders in SAP PI. I didn't find useful information over internet.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a standard PI functionality which works fine (except that the attachment names will be lost, which can be annoying). You just need to set the checkbox "Keep attachments" in SOAP sender and SOAP receiver adapter.

I suspect you did something wrong in the SOAP UI test data setup (the error msg indicates a missing content-type).

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply.

I have exported the wsdl file from sender agreement and then imported the same into Soap UI client.

Through attachments option in Soap UI tool, am attaching a mail and a pdf doc. Content type is taken automatically by the tool.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to manually change the SOAP request properties Headers ("Disable Mulitparts" to FALSE) in SOAP UI tool. By default it will be true.

- Praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen. Problem is solved.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Also, please provide some information on Attachment Folders in SAP PI. I didn't find useful information over internet.

there is no such thing as attachment folders in PI - if you want to get more them one attachment to PI you will have to deal with that manually (either get it in the mapping, or in the adapter module).

It's possible to split the message in PI (in adapter module) into multiple (as many as attachments) but I believe it's not recommeded by SAP (but it's possible and I did it once).

in standard you using the payloadswapbean you can only make one attachment go as a "normal" payload

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar requirement, wherein I need to split the message in PI into multiple messages based on number of attachments, such that each message has only only attachment. Right now I get an error "DUPLICATE_CONTENT_ID" when i try to split message with multiple attachments.

Please let me know, if there is a solution for this.