cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing MiniSAP over LAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed SAP Netweaver Developer Edition on My Desktop connected to the Router (DHCP). Its working fine and i can logon to the SAP using the desktop.

What i want is to access the Application server installed on the desktop using SAP GUI on my Laptop when it is connected to the same network.

When i try accessing it, it gives network error.

Please help me with this issue. I am not sure if it is possible at all with the Netweaver Developer Edition.

Thanks and regards

MKJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mitlesh,

I have run ABAP Developer / Trial editions on the Amazon cloud, and accessed them from my home pc, so there's no restriction on networking access to them.

The SAP GUI requires basic network access (apologies if you know your way around PC networking, this may be basic stuff), so:

1. Check that the desktop is getting an IP address whether its via DHCP or it has a fixed ip address (run ipconfig /all from the command line)It's basic networking,
  2. then check that the ip address assigned to the desktop is accessible from the Laptop (ping desktop.ip.address from the laptop),
  3. Depending on the Operating systems (windows 7, windows xp etc) you may need to allow ports 3200 etc in your Windows firewall (Start --> Settings --> Security Center -- Windows Firewall from memory)

Problems can arise in steps 1 and 2 if the two machines belong to different network subnets. The simplest way around this is to set the network connections on both the laptop and the desktop to Obtain an IP address automatically and to Obtain DNS server address automatically (i.e use the router as the DHCP server)

hth

Answers (0)