Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of actual cost - one Functional area to another

shubham_kiyawat
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

There are some postings we came to know are posted to wrong network in the month of march.

Now those are to be transferred to another network (different project) with different cost element.

I know this can be done through KB15N, and the cost element also can be changed.

But the issue is that we are having functional area onto which the reporting is done.

When we are using KB15N, the costs are getting transferred but the functional area report is not getting updated.

We want that it should credit one and debit another, so that the reports get corrected.

I am not very much clear on the functional area concept.

Please suggest.

Regards

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

This is not as easy as it sounds. I remember doing this once while working on one of the projects. The scenario in our case was that the postings had happened on WBS elements having a particular functional area. Later it was found that the functional areas were incorrect and were changed accordingly in the respective WBS elements. Inspite of doing this the posting were not being reflected against the corrected functional area.

Since this was done a long time back i do not exactly remember what process was followed to achieve this. However, i remember using a program RKAKALX3, that was part of this correction process. Maybe you can explore more on this and also take help from your FICO consultants.Remember, if the amount of data that needs to corrected is huge it would take considerable amount of time to do this thing.

Regards,

Gokul

shubham_kiyawat
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul,

I tried one posting with KB15N, when I check that posting in CJI3 with todays date, the line item is shown, along with the new funtional area which is there in the new network.

But if I try to look at the KSB1 report for todays date, with either new cost element or old cost element, then in both case there is no line item shown. why is it so?

Also, i tried RKAKALX3 program, but in this I think the incorrect postings are corrected. (didnt work in my case) My case is in system perspective the labor hour postings are correct but logically as per business they should come under different project / network. Now we are correcting those and butt hey are not visible under report as I explained above.

Thanks

Shubham

Message was edited by: Shubham Kiyawat

shubham_kiyawat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone can help on this?

shubham_kiyawat
Participant
0 Kudos

I think I have solved this.

The posting which we are doing in KB15N, in that we are not giving any cost center.

Only costs are transferred from one network to another.

And KSB1 is the report primarily for cost centers only.

Therefore if cost center is not getting hit directly then we cant expect the result in this KSB1 report.

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I tried it in system & think your conclusion is logical. Please close the thread if issue is resolved.

Regards

Shrikant

Answers (0)