cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional page customizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

in the help page of the page customizations for SAP Sourcing, I discovered the following:

Page customizations can be applied conditionally based on the state of the customized object, its parent, another object on the page, or the logged-in user.

Does anyone know how we can find the dimension field value for the "logged-in user"? We would like to make some fields in the vendor screen non-editable for certain vendors.

Does anyone know if it is also possible to make these non-editable for a certain security profile?

Thanks,

Bram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bram,

What you are trying is very much possible. Once you are into the Page Customization for the field, please follow the steps mentioned below :

• Property = Editable
  • Value = No
  • Dimension on Parent = checked
  • Dimension Field Type = Object Reference
  • Class Name = Security Profile
  • Dimension Value = Select the appropriate Security Profile here

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

thanks for that. My question, however, is: what is the value of the "Dimension Field"?

Any idea where I can find the values that can be filled in here?

Thanks,

Bram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bram,

DIMENSION_FIELD should have the attribute id of the field on the parent that you need to check against for applying the customization. In case when the 'Dimension on Parent' is unchecked it is the attribute id of the field on the current document.

Also, as per the Help page:

Besides naming specific fields on a page, you may use a special token that automatically fills in the proper field information, including <%USER_GROUP%>, which is the default group that the user is currently a member of.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Devesh!!

It worked with the <%USER_GROUP%> token!

Any idea where I can find the different tokens that are available?

Thanks,

Bram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bram,

AFAIK this is the only token that is avaiable while creating a page customization.

You may want to look into the Help section for Query Definiton. It lists all the token that are available for queries. You may try using some of them in page customization.

Please keep us posted on how it goes with using other tokens

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

I have one Value List Value field in COntract Module Header Tab. I have to make the field uneditable if the contract is created from Project Module.

Is it possible to acheieve this using "Conditional Page Customization".

If YES please help me with the workbook.

Thanks ,

Arnab

Answers (0)