SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Order Budgeting and FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FM Experts,

Can we use Internal Order budgeting and Funds Management at the same time.  I want to use Internal order with Funds Management because of my client want to have control over the internal order.  If we use both at the same time, during posting of transactions can i give cost center and IO at the same time so that the cost center will get posted as statistical entry and Internal Order will get posted as real entry, and funds can be derived by using cost center.  By this way i can have control on IO and funds center.

Can anybody suggest me, can we use both the functionality at the same time?

Regards,

FM USER.

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

These two modules are independent and could be used simultaneously without disruptions.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thank you very much...I appreciate your quick response.

Do we have any option available in FM where we can use Internal order and do the Budgeting for internal order and commitment item(both comboinly). 

Regards,

FM USER.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. Budgeting in FM is done only on FM objects. You can map your internal orders to FM objects (fund centre, for example) using FMDERIVE, but then there is no sense in implementing IO budget as well.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

We are implementing FM in our client.

When we implement FM, I am doing a test scenario of Interal Order Budgeting.

IN Me21N, system is checking budget of FM account assignment but not the Internal Order.

pls. provide a solution.

Regards,

SNM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes you have to define the Internal order as find center and map internal order with Fund center in FMDERIVE

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, search SCN with keywords 'budget order check': you will find dozens of threads describing the possible missing configuration.

arlo_magpantay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi FM USER,

Another consideration is to use the Funded Program object to budget in FM.  You can design your system so that Funded Program and IO have a 1:1 relationship. 

Arlo