Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is from file to Proxy.

I have triggered a message from sender system and i have found that messages was sucessful in SXMB_MONI. To my suprise i didnt find the communication channel in communication channel monitoring for proxy.  How can i confirm or monitor   that messages has gone to the receiver system. Is there any method like the message is delivered to receiver system.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you could see the successful message in SXMB_MONI ( Integration Engine ) , copy the XML message ID and then go to RWB ----> Message Montioring tab

Messages from Component : Select  "Proxy Runtime "       from : " Database "

Start date : " free entry "

Do a show additional Criteria and in the Extended filter part enter your Message ID  and you will be able to the see your message status there.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas,

Proxy resides on ABAP stack so we are not able to see monitoring communication channel in RWB. if you wan to see the payload for proxy side go to ECC system exceute SXMB_MONI transaction there you ll find weather the message is sucessfully posted or not.

you dont have access to ECC, you can check in PI itself. go to RWB->Component Monitoring ->Integration Engine- > Test tab there you ll give details of sender ssytem and Service interfcae Outbound and namespace for SI_OB and QOS then you ll click on send messages. there it self you can weather message is sucessfully posted or not.

Regards,

Ganesh.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to using test option in RWB as mentioned by Ganesh,  you can also monitor proxy messages in the RWB-component monitoring->integration engine option. There you will see the message flow details and payload content.  This monitoring is similar to SXMB_MONI.  Again if your PI version is 7.1 EHP or 7.3 dual stack or 7.3 java stack, you can use AAE for message processing and in this situation you can monitor using RWB using soap adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ganesh,

If the same situation arises in production how can we monitor?

Thanks,

Srinivas.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can monitor using MONI in production. Plus you can monitor integration engine option as i mentioned above in RWB->component monitoring.  Just curious, How do you monitor idoc messages? Just similar to it, you need to monitor in abap engine. If your PI Version is 7.1 EHP and above use soap adapter and process it in AAE if you would like to monitor using communication channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose if the receiver system is not an ECC system how do we monitor?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the receiver system is not an ECC system how do we monitor?

If your receiver system is SAP system then you will use idoc or proxy adapters or RFC adapters. Otherwise you will use generally java stack adapters like Jdbc, file, jms, soap etc.  Remember RFC adapters is in java stack. You will monitor in RWB ->component monitoring ->adapter engine (java stack adapters) or integraion engine (abap stack adapters) option.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

The point here is that Since your scenario does not use the adapter engine, you would not see the messages in adapter engine.

SO, if SXMB_MONI shows success, then it means the message is sucessfully transferred to the target system.

Best Regards,

Ravi

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>To my suprise i didnt find the communication channel in communication channel monitoring for proxy.  How can i confirm or monitor   that messages has gone to the receiver system. Is there any method like the message is delivered to receiver system.

you will see the communication channel in PI - messaging system monitor

in audit log (at least for SOAP XI protocol channels)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Proxy uses XI communication channel hence not possible to monitor using Communictaion channel monitporing.

If the connectivity from PI to ECC not working then you get error at Call adapter level. If the connectivty fine you will see message SXMB_MONI in ECC.