Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Authorization post BW 7.3 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

I have recently upgraded my system from BW 3.5 to 7.3 , manually constructing the analysis authorizations from the old Z objects  with strict one to one mapping to new dimensions  . I see that now many of the reports are failing authorizations with message " Not sufficient Authorizations " . Is this a known behavior ? How should this problem be fixed ?  I am having a series of analysis authorization and now unable to find which analysis auth. should be updated.

My functional consultant claims that the reports did not fail and authorization in the old version BW 3.5 . Do the queries get modified post technical upgrade that they are asking for new dimensions ?

Any best practices for fixing the role would be great .

Reg,

Anthony

1 REPLY 1

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes,

This is highly probable scenario - one main reason is - under 3.5 settings there was option available for InfoProvider Check - which is not available under 730 settings - under 730 settings all InfoObjects (IO) which are authorization relevant will be check when the query is executed so user should have access to all these IOs otherwise it will get No Auth error. Good thing - RSECASDMIN has a really nice trace feature, which is very detailed and you can use it to trace what exactly is failing.

Regards,

Shivraj