cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Help to start a new career in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had working in a IT Industry and now i wanted to do my career in SAP. i have started to study SAP BASIS at home. and also looking for a fresher job in SAP BASIS at pune location. i am very much confused that with out any experience in SAP BASIS is there any company who will give a job. i am also ready to work without salary as i am fresher and i know i have to learn a lot and take as much experience as i can.

If anyone can help me out so that i can start my new career in SAP as soon as possible.

I am also attaching my updated resume.

Waiting for your replies...

Regards,

Rajkumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

Basically it depends on your interest where you want to start your career, In SAP there are many modules you can choose, we can categorize them in two ways :

1. Technical

2. Functional

if you have done your graduation in technical side then you can go for SAP Basis or SAP ABAP,

and if you are from management background then go for funcational modules like SD, PP, CRM, SCM etc..

i am from technical side(Basis), if you are interested to know more about basis you can drop me a mail at below id :

shivendra.singhyadav@gmail.com,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivendra,

Thank you for offering the help.

i have about 5+ years experience in IT Infrastructure Implementation side, good knowledge of Network, Storage and database systems.

I now want to extend my profile in to enterprise application systems like SAP, my goal is to become SAP implementation consultant.

I guess looking at my previous background i naturally and would be sensible to start from BASIS.

Can you suggest, if this is the correct start and if yest what certification to target for, my research have directed me towards SAP Certified Associate Technology Architect – C_SOA_TA_70

Your guidance will be appreciated

Thank You

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shivendra my name is nidhi..I have the knowledge of sap basis but still did not get job in the same field ..plz suggest...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nidhi,

We have discussed same thing no. of times, please search..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

This is a very frequently asked question. Please read Advice for Recent College Graduates (aka "Freshers") for some thoughts on this topic. Basis is relatively easier to break into as compared to the functional side, but you'll need to be persistent. My best advice (contained in the above blog) is to get a job at a company that already has SAP implemented and use the skills you have to get a job near what you want then migrate slowly into the job you really want over time.

More blogs in which you might be interested:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom