cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message "enter bank control key" while inserting new vendor via transaction XK01..

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created many new vendors in SAP via XK01 but yesterday when I tried to insert new vendor (which is from Spain) and define bank details I received this message "enter bank control key" I am not sure what to do, where to enter this bank control key because I din't have to do this before..

Any help is appreciated and many thanks in advance for prompt replies.
Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

tejyadav
Active Contributor

Bank control key you will find in Payment transaction view, Check with your FI guys for this details, May be this field is made mandatory Now

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved. Thank you all very much for your help. Solution was in entering right data in "CK". This field is visible on screen I posted earlyer:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2936/bankheader.jpg

Cheers,
Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can control the AR195 message using transaction OY17, where under
'Further Checks' you can mark or not the Bank Data for a specific
country.

Please also check the following :
- In TCode 'OY07', see that ISO for the respective state is entered.
- In TCode 'OY17' the country-specific settings for the respective state
  according to the Note 109589 are made.
- In the TCode 'OY17', see that the Bank Key is entered as '1'.

This information should help you with this issue.

BR

Nadia Orlandi

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

I am checking that right now.. Please note that message I see is AR143 and not AR195?

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check T-code OBD3 for the Vendor Account Group if the Field is made mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tej

For ceratin countries like Brazil, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, etc. this field is mandatory as per standard SAP.

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I too can read that in F1

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you both very much for prompt replies and assistance but I need to know concrete steps how to solve this problem. If it helps I have set up simple screen whcih describes everything:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2936/bankheader.jpg

It is wierd that only for this new vendor I see error message, this rarely happens (almost never). I just enter bank control key and move forward without any error message.

Thanks,
Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tej

I know that you can read that in F1. BUt then you only asked Sam to cofirm in t-code OBD3 to check if the field was mandatory or not. Thats why I replied for your convenience .

Hope this helps!

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the Country & check, since you are using Spain so mandatory for Spain Vendors

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Mandatory for ES is 8 characters, and I added 8 charachers, also city is Santander but I could find it on list. When I add vendor from Croatia city Zagreb for example, everything works ok..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not mandatory in my system.

I think this is controlled by country specific checks.

it can be found in IMG > SAP Netweaver > basic settings > define countries > country specific checks

if you was able to enter spanish banks withot control key before and you get an error today, then this customizing was probably changed

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either Check OBD3 or The Country Key for Spain(ES) for Bank data tick from the path suggested by Jurgen above

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

I have just checked via OBD3 if bank control key is mandatory and it is optional, that what is checked in my system..

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Via google search I have found transaction OY07 some useful info.. I am not sure I am on the right path, could you tell me exact transaction?
thanks,
Sam

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your are on the wrong track with OY07.

follow the path I gave you.

select  country ES Spain and go into the detail

you should see a checkmark in the box in from of "bank data".

Press F1 and read the help file.

If this indicator is checked, then SAP will do the check and issue the error message you have.

then you should talk to the person who has activated this check and discuss if it needed or not. And what problems you have in doing your work according to the error message.

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you your help, I am on the right track now

I have done everything suggested, Bank data is checked for ES. I also notice that paratemtars vary for many vendors.. Also exact error message I see is AR143, that is what I forgot ro mention..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the AR143 error message is controlled by this bank data check.

if you remove this check mark, then you will not receive the error message from SAP (but maybe the bank or your vendor is complaining then if you did not provide the control key in payments)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam

Please enter bank control key in the Payment transactions screen as shown below.

Hope this helps!