cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Installation of ecc 6.0 ehp5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir ,

When I am trying to Install oracle 10.2.0.4 which came with the shipment oraclefailsafe for windows 2008 R2 oracle installer can't start

shows error only support OS version 5.0,6.0 .  actual version 6.1 

Server is of 380 GL series.

Also I tried to install oracle 11.2 then the database is installed but when i am running sapinst it ask for oracle client if i gave oracle 11.2 client then it asking for oracle 10g client with the cd lablel and if in this case I gave oracle 10g client then on the phase of creating database it shows the error that duplex destination of log archives can't be created and stop the installation.

can u please describe be how can i carry on the installation.

Thanks

Nirvikar Saxena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I had also received an error message regarding can't create duplicate destination for log

archives and installation stops .

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the below:

open initSID.ora and commented out below:

#log_archive_dest     = $:\oracle\SIDoraarch\SRDarch

After that, click retry from the Error Message.

Reminder::

Note 1527078 - Inst.Systems Based on NW 7.0 EHP3 on UNIX/Oracle

-----------------------<D023322 10/NOV/11 >--------------------------
Oracle 11g Release 2 (11.2) installation: Use installation master medium listed in SAP Note 1478350.

Symptom:
The original installation master medium offers the database server selection for Oracle 11g Release 2 (11.2), but if you use it the installation step "Create Database" will end up with an error like the following:
ERROR      2011-11-05 01:00:14.750 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:244]
CJS-00084  SQL statement or script failed. DIAGNOSIS: Error message:
ORA-16019: cannot use LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 with LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST or
LOG_ARCHIVE_DUPLEX_DEST

Solution:
Do not use the original installation master medium as listed in the Media List for your SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP2 / Business Suite 7i 2010 application for Oracle 11g Release 2 (11.2) installation. Instead, you have to use the installation master medium with the material number listed in SAP Note 1478350.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I had the same problem but I am Installing on Windows 2008 R2 is i have to commented in same manner u suggested .I am installing ECC6.0 EHP5 pls  some steps up to the client selection as i am installing on DL 580 HP Proliant Server on Windows 2008 R2 oracle 10g is not executed so i have to install oracle 11.2.1 .

Thanks

Nirvikar Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I had also received an error message regarding can't create duplicate destination for log

archives and installation stops .

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir,

when i tried with oracle 10 g client the installation continues but on the phase of installation of Import ABAP Import fails can u please tell me the solution of this problem I had received upgrade export data 1 and 2 also should i used these Export data or Export data 1 and 2 in the installation .

thanks

Nirvikar Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is recommended to use Oracle 11.2. I too had same issue regarding the client version mismatch. But the installation would go ahead and finish successfully if a Oracle 10 client is used. Please check the sapinst.log and sapinst_dev.log in the installation directory if there is more details regarding the log archives creation error.

Regards,,

Srikishan