cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication issue in combining fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help with how to combine a tuple value and a field value as the final output value of syndicator.

In my Main table I have a Tuple Sales Data with Tuple Member fields like Sales Org, Distribution Channel, Sales Unit, Sales hierarchy etc.

Now final output should be the combination of Sales Hierarchy and Material number

1. For Material 11111 , sales hierarchy code is 99999999

Output of the syndication file should be 999999911111

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surbhi,

Combination of two or more fields is generally possible in MDM Syndicator through Custom Items.

We need to create one custom Item in Syndicator and under Property 'Formula' we need to select the fields which need to be combined/transformed in some way. But in case of Tuple fields, it is no possible because tuple fields do not appear while selecting fields under 'Formula' property.

Also in your case it will not be possible to store this combination in Data Manager(automatically) as in case of assignments also, we are not able to select tuple fields either as Assignment field or in Assignment Expression.

So best way is to syndicate your data as it is and let PI system perform mapping and convert data in desired format i.e. Combination of Sales Hierarchy and Material Number. So easy way would be to do this in PI system and then forward the data to desired system.

Kindly let me know if it helped. Thank you.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surbhi,

Kindly update close thread and reward points if you found answers useful.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surbhi,

You can try to use "Merge" Functionality.

You have to do 2 syndication.

in 2nd syndication , you can merge the data.

do a search for article on "Merge Items" in MDM.

+ An