cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending the PIRs from APO DP to SAP ECC on the appropriate day based on the TRLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Is there any proces/ functionality to support "Sending the PIRs (Planned Independent Requirements) from APO DP to SAP ECC on the appropriate day based on the TRLT(Total Replenishment Lead Time)" ?

Please suggest on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sree!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

It is not clear to me what you mean.  When you release the demand plan to ERP, all the dates and quantities that you have placed in the selected key figure of the demand plan are transmitted to ERP as PIRs.

Are you saying you want to exclude certain dates?  Are you saying that you wish to change certain dates?  Or.....?

One approach would be to import TRLT into DP, and then use this data along with DP Macros to make the required KF date modifications.  Then, the Demand plan you release to ERP will contain exactly what you need.

The normal way companies address how the Demand plan interacts with ERP Planning is through consumption and reduction, totally within ERP MRP.  It usually does not make sense to alter the demand plan, based upon TRLT.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, Our requirement is I have PIR in DP in Aug'12 but i want to transfer these PIR's into ECC as per the TRLT date, example TRLT is 30days, so these PIR should be posted in the July'12 in the ECC system.

Please let us know the possible solutions!

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

DP doesn't have PIRs; DP only has Key Figures.  SAP APO Demand Planning has a program you can run, with the functionality to select a specific Key Figure from a specific InfoProvider, and send the contents of this Key Figure to ERP, and have that data added to ERP as Planned Independent requirements.

The default extraction and transfer is 'all' (every value for every Material/Plant for that Key Figure).  You can restrict the selection so that you only send a subset of CVCs.  You can also restrict the time window of values that you extract and send.

Total Replenishment Lead time does not exist in Demand Planning, unless you first perform steps to place it there.  Therefore, there is no opportunity to use TRLT to select the KF subset that you send to ERP to convert into PIRs.

Before you commit any resources to make this happen, I strongly recommend that you re-think the planning process you are attempting to create.  Creating a time-restricted subset of Planned Independent requirements in ERP can have unintended consequences.  If you have never done this before, I strongly recommend that you first consult your local DP and PP experts to go over your Business Model.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, Here our requirement is we are taking the final forecast values in DP and transferring to ECC as PIR's as normal process. When transferring to ECC we will update the TRLT values as in one KF(It will get it from ECC), So this Forecast value check the TRLT values example 30 days, so it should be write in ECC 31st day from the present date. To support this process any idea?

Please suggest on this.

Regards,

Sree!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

Create another KF in your Planning Book, which contains the modified final forecast that you intend to send to ERP.  Use a Macro to populate the KF with ONLY the forecast values & dates that you wish to send.  Send this KF instead of Final Forecast.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explain with more details, How I can ge the the Forecast by Date wise and how we can transfer by date wise, because it's dynamic to product to product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

1.  Move Total Replenishment lead time into DP for every affected FGs material, using whatever method you prefer.

2.  Create a new Key figure (e.g. 'Final Forecast with Date modifications')  and add it to your planning book, using standard methods

3.  Use a Macro to calculate the values of the new Key Figure for every FGs material, using standard Macro functions.  The inputs used to create the values for this KF will be

a. the existing Final forecast values and

b. the TRLT.

4.  Send the new KF to ERP instead of sending Final forecast, using the standard method.

The above steps should require no enhancements.  Your local DP functional expert will be able to accomplish these tasks. Or, if adequate expertise does not exist in your location, you could consider engaging a consulting resource to help you create the solution.

Best Regards,

DB49