cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change my primary Email id of my account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Currently  company email id is being used as my SCN account's ID.

I have kept my personal mail id into the alternate mail id section. However, i want to make my personal id as the main one for future usages as am leaving the employer.

Could you please let me know, how will it be possible?

thanks,

Tilak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak,

As you are leaving the company, you might have to close this account and a open a new one. Then request that they be merged.

This sort of maintenance is handled offline by eMailing sapnetwork@sap.com

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I just got a rather unhelpful response to just such a request -

We are sorry. Due to roll-out of a new platform, this functionality is temporary unavailable.

Please write back to us regarding this request later again. We appreciate your patience.

So be aware that it might not be quite so easy.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason. I will send them an email let's see what they say. But now onwards i would like to keep my personal email id as the primary one,that's possible right? And when you say they will merge the old account - that means all my activities will also be transferred. Am i correct?

Chris, hope i won't be disappointed 😞 wish me good luck. 

former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tliak,

As an admin I noticed some clashing in your user accounts.

This is why we strongly advise against using multiple user accounts in the new SCN platform.

Anyway I fixed your user accounts.

Now your s-user account is associated with the gmail,

Your p-user is associated with the cognizant email and I deleted the additional p-user that was holding the gmail address and preventing you from using it for your initial account.

Currently we do not have the capability to merge user accounts or to move content + points from one user account to another.

Some time (not in the near future), when such a tool will be developed, I think that you might be able to transfer your points from your s-user to your p-user.

Note that s-users are managed in the marketplace (http://service.sap.com)

I am not sure about the policy for s-users, (I can tell you that a p-user in SCN will remain yours forever)

I would contact the support team of the marketplace and verify if it is possible to keep your s-user account, but to simply change the email address associated with it. 

If this is possible, make sure to assign an email address that is different from the one being used by your p-user (this would cause the two SCN user accounts to clash)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you David so much, for sparing time.

As in next couple of days, am leaving my current employer so how can i logon to my SCN after that. I am currently using company mail id in order to logon.

Where as i want to change it to my personal mail id so that there won't be any impact in future. At the sametime, i dont want to loose the points i have earned till date and the data associated with my id. How can i do that, David. Please suggest.

former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

go to the marketplace site: http://service.sap.com

login with your s-user

find the link to the support team of that site

ask them to change the email address of your s-user

I suggest you do this ASAP

btw, when you login to the marketplace, don't you have the ability to change your email address? (I do not have a s-user, so I am not sure what options you have when you login to the marketplace)

from SCN point of view, I think you will still be able to login with your s-user, useing either your email address or using the user ID (your s number)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

I checked in SMP, there is no direct option to change the mail id. I have submitted a request for that.

So, now what i understood is: even if i leave my current employer my login id will still stay valid. And i could log on SCN with that?

former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I am not sure what happens on the marketplace side.

The SCN user account in driven from the user account in the marketplace.

any change on the marketplace will be sync with the SCN user account.

As long as the account on the marketplace is not deleted or disabled, you will be able to continue using  your SCN user account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so my current SCN id: [Removed by moderator] is associated with s-user [Removed by moderator] .

Alternate email for this id is my personal mail id: [Removed by moderator]

So, if the S-user id gets deactivated then, i won't be able to logon to SCN? But what's the use of the personal email id.  And David, this S-user id i have recieved for my SAP Certification. So do you think, after i leave my employer they will deactivate or will it stay alive as my Certification ID.

Sorry for asking you so much..but i hope you understand my worry. Because, i don't want to loosed my earned points. They make a lot of sense for my future. Why SAP doesn't provide some solution of merging of accounts.

Thank you so much..

Never share your e-mail ID and certainly not your user ID in a public forum.

Message was edited by: SCN Moderator

former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hey Tilak,

I just realized that almost all of your points and contribution are on your p-user.

In this case we have no problem at all!

Your p-user is the one you wish to change the email for, right?

well, login SCN (http://scn.sap.com/welcome)

Click on your name from the top of the page

Click “Edit Profile & Privacy”

Change your email address (not to the gmail that is already taken by your s-user)

If you need my help replacing your cognizant email with another, please send me a private email with the new email address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your email id please

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I see that you have changed your email address successfuly 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i made it  and it all happened with your help. Now, am fully relaxed..

My apology - for the delayed reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also need to change my email id. I do not found any option to change.

How did you done that?

Kind rgds,

Ashwin Mane

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do not reply an 2 years old discussion..

If you are not able to change email id, then please create your own discussion..

You can find the "Change email address" in your profile - Bio tab.

Regards

Dev

Answers (0)