cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure sharing between landscape outside network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working in cross company scenario with my landscape systems having the same system with their landscape.Please refer

to the diagram where our SAP-PI will interact with SAP-PI i.e. but outside the network.

In this asynchronous scenario of ECC Proxy -> PI -> SOAP in my landscape, I have configured the SLD, ESR and ID in my PI.

The data sent from our landscape will be directly posted in their landcsape and it is 1:1 mapping (No conversion and conditional mapping).

In the receiver SOAP Cc,I need to enter the target url what the external landscape provides me.

I am stuck with the suggestion what input I should share to the external landscape with SAP-PI and SAP ECC in their side.

1.Since I have developed the interface first, would the external landscape require our interface structure so that they can

directly import the structure through External Definition in their SAP-PI in case of asynchronous scenarion.

Thanks!!

Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

Normally, since you say you want to consume a web service hosted by the External Landscape PI system, they should be the first ones to implement the scenario, and they should share the .wsdl file with you, that you import as an External Definition. This is the "normal" case. Still, if you are the one who implemented it first, you could theoretically export your receiver interface as an .xsd file and share it with them, so that they could import it as External Definition, as you said. Then you just have to provide the right target URL in the receiver CC - that's how you can live without .wsdl file at all . And it should work equally well as the "normal" scenario.

Regards,

Greg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to share your receiver interface ( Your PI inbound interface) details to your external team.

You can export the message type as WSDL or XSD.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are on PI 7.1 and above, it is recommended to use the services registry and thus share the target URLs to the external entity