SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material based budgeting

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

For stock procurement budgeting, i have assigned 30/3 to the GL account of Valuation class ZGEN of let us say General material. For me valuation class based derivation strategy is working fine. Under ZGEN there falls materials of varying nature..If we we specifically want to budget some materials then how this can be catered in FM. I designed a derivation strategy with source field val class, co code and plant and target fields fund center,Commitment items & material number, but system is not allowing me to enter more than one material since valuation class in second entry is duplicated. Kindly guide me to the solution of this scenario.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Why material is a target field??? It should be the source... Target fields could be only FM objects (even if other fields are technically available, they will be ignored by the derivation program).

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Why material is a target field??? It should be the source... Target fields could be only FM objects (even if other fields are technically available, they will be ignored by the derivation program).

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Thank you i already resolved this issue by placing material number in source field but i am starting to have another issue in every area posting,FI ,MM in AVC .If budget posted for a fund center is 1000 USD and consumption is 300 USD , system is issuing error message Budget exceeded by 1000 USD. I have not touched settings of AVC profile and i have also run FMAVCREINIT but issue is not getting resolved.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget is posted, at least, on the combination of commitment item with fund centre. So, please check the full posting address.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi:

Yes you are right..I had commitment items XYZ and fund center A, i have generated it budget and posting address for it and then posted budget , but same issue is persistent. It started to happen automatically, yesterday it was working fine. What i did this morning was some working status and release management and closing operation process of Payment budgeting in BCS.

I have set a trace , tolerance profile is being correctly derived but issue remains there.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you work with one budget ledger or two? In second case, check to which ledger AVC message coresponds. Try posting a simple FI document with direct assignment to relevant FM address, check that the address remains the same during derivation of FM objects and AVC controlling objects. If everything seems to be fine, check FMAVCT table for the relevant address, whether you have the sufficient budget or not.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Sorry i was wrong in my interpretation, actually system is not checking any budget at all since it is not finding available budget at all. I told you opposite of what is happening. I have posted 1000 budget , consumption is of 2500 , system issues error message

Annual budget exceeded by 2,500.00 USD (FM PB Availability Control) for document item 00010

Message no. FMAVC005

So system is not checking any budget at all.It can might be due to release scenario activation which i did for testing purpose but does not know how will it work .

I work with one budget ledger, addresses also remains same.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That means it checks budget, but doesn't find it Did you define conditions for consumable budget? Do you work with budget release? What is the address mentioned in the message? Go with this address to FMAVCT table and check budget and consumtion figures there.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

As i told you that i worked on release related stuff this morning and configured somethings related it like document types and budget type and assigned it some processed but do not know how will it work. In table system is unable to find entries for this fund center and commitment item address . For you convenience i am sending you complete error message here

Annual budget exceeded by 2,500.00 USD (FM PB Availability Control) for document item 00010

Message no. FMAVC005

Diagnosis

The annual budget is exceeded by 2,500.00 USD (FM PB Availability Control) for the document item 00010. Budget control on outgoing amounts ( ceiling type Expenditures) raised this message for the following combination of availability control ledger, fiscal year (and if applicable, year of cash effectivity) and control object:

9H/2012/61/412008.

I think issue is because of release thingy i worked on this morning ..

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see... Well, if you activated release scenario, then the check happens against released budget. Verify carefully the settings you have done there.

0 Kudos

Hi:

Settings were ok , it was lack of understanding of release process which i came to know. I released budget using FMMPRELE and issue got resolved.

Thanks for your continued response . Looking forward for the same in future .

Regards