cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Inbound Transactions

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to know how do we test an inbound transaction whether it is working correctly.I want to check the integration between my databases and MII . I am making a transaction that picks the records from the database and inserts them into sample XML. So I want to know how do we test this transaction.

Is there any specific mechanism involved? I am using 12.1 version.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Seng Kiang Hoe and Stephen. I will try these methods and get back to you guys if I face any issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

I agree with the above response.  If you put a "Write File" action block at the end of your  transaction and  assign the XML you want to see to it's "text" input, you can set the action block to write the file to your file system, run the transaction manually, and examine the file to see your XML code.

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Can you please also tell how do I set the path in the write file action block? I have configured the link correctly assigning my xml to the test field in incoming tab...but how to set the path in configure object?

Thanks,

rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

In the "path" input, you need the path to the folder you want in quotes, and with two backslashes for every one you want in the path.

You need the folders to already exist on the system, it will not create them. You also need to specify the file name here.

example:

"c:\\TestFolder\\XMLTests\\XMLTest.xml"

which will give you:

c:\TestFolder\XMLTests\XMLTest.xml

I normally put a GUID in the file name to make it unique. like this:

"c:\\TestFolder\\XMLTests\\XMLTest" & guid & ".xml"

which will give you:

c:\TestFolder\XMLTests\XMLTest452730e0-b62f-11e1-9d2d-c7b10a35535e.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

If you use that method, leave the  "File Path" blank in "Configure Object". just enter the path in the "Incoming" tab.

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Many Thanks Stephen for explaining so vividly. This is indeed very helpful to me!

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

I am getting the following error repeatedly. What does volume label syntax error mean?

• [ERROR] [Write_File_0]WriteFile error: C:\TestFolder\xmltest 4dcc1070-b5db-11e1-90b1-d2bcac1b3913.xml (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

THanks,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

can you copy and paste your "path" entry here?

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

" C:\\TestFolder\\xmltest " & guid & ".xml "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

The issue is the Spaces between the outside two quotes (") and the path.

it should be:

"C:\\TestFolder\\xmltest " & guid & ".xml"

not:

" C:\\TestFolder\\xmltest " & guid & ".xml "

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot  Stephen,

But now I am getting following error:

• [ERROR] [Write_File_0]WriteFile error: C:\TestFolder\xmltest f6251ca0-b5de-11e1-cf1b-d2bcac1b3913.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)

I have created a text file named xmltest and saved it as xmltest.xml in the TestFolder in C drive.

I don't understand how it is unable to locate the file that I have created?

Sorry for asking you again and again..

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is normally an issue finding the folder. Could it be a permissions issue on your landscape?

Please note that it will be writing to the MII server and not your local machine. so the folder needs to be on there.

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen. I will check ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajeev

What I will do is just save the XML file either locally in MII server or in a folder. At the same time you can look at Transaction Manager to see if any error occur.

bes of luck