cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable own user session killing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my system multi user login is disabled.

Also few people shares the same user.

So the users kill other sessions of same user when the login in.

Sometimes this ends up with system locks.

I want to avoid this by disabling the option in the user login pad.

Is there some one who know how to do it?

Any other alternative ways are also helpful.

Thanks and regards,

Chathuranga.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also few people shares the same user.

This is a direct violation of you license agreement with SAP for obvious reasons. Each time a user logon to the system more than once it get write down and reported when USMM runs.

My advice is simply to provide them with their own user.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your kind replies.

I think I have not clearly mentioned the status.

We do not allow multi logins. But may be 2 people with same ID sharing working on SAP, where the other user logged in to the system, must forcefully logged off the other user session (may be from other PC).

So it kills the previous user session, which end up with some issues.

I dont need muli login enabled, but need to restrict the user from killing their own sessions from other PC's.

Please help on this.

Regards,

Chathuranga.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can trace the user in SM20 and check the PC Names/Terminals of the offenders and give them a piece of your mind 😄

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I can

But as the one of worlds best ERP systems, I thought all the controllers are available.

Thanks anyway.

Chathuranga.

0 Kudos

Dear Chathuranga,

The profile parameter "login/disable_multi_gui_login" must have been activated in your system due to which multiple logons from same userID are disabled.

You you do not want this to happen then you can accordingly disable this parameter from RZ10 or RZ11.

Also in case you want to keep this setting but only want to allow few users to be allowed for multiple logins then you can specify all such userIDs in the profile parameter "login/multi_login_users"

To specify parameter: login/multi_login_users, please follow the following rules:
1. User names must be specifies in UPPER case.
2. Blank characters between the user names or in front of the first user name are not allowed.
3. To specify several users, please separate them with ','.

Please specify this parameter in instance profile and restart the instance to achieve the wished effect.

Please be aware that the profile parameter login/multi_login_users is limited to 80 characters (in total); the rest will be truncated. Notice that there is no maximum number of users, however they must all fit on the 4 lines that are supplied in RZ10.

Notice that allowing users to login more than once is not a general feature, but should be seen as exception from the rule. The profile parameter login/multi_login_users is designed only for a smaller group of users who need to login multiple times even if the setting of login/disable_multi_gui_login generally prohibits the multiple login.

Please take a look on the documentation of profile parameter available at the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/22/41c43ac23cef2fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Abhishek