cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization issue to go to E2E trace analysis from monitoring UI of EEM.

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to go to the E2E trace analysis from the monitoring UI of EEM. It says the user does not have the authorization.

I am able to access the same E2E trace analysis from the RCA workcenter and can access the trace generated by EEM robots.

What can be the issue as I have the authorization to access the trace from RCA workcenter but not able to access it from the monitoring UI.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184465
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

you could do an authorization trace on the ABAP stack and check when is is failing.

Regards Thomas

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am facing the problem in the monitoring UI which is an Adobe flash player based application running on the internet explorer. When i choose the option "Go to E2E trace analysis" a new window opens and I get the authorization error.

Will the ABAP trace work for the IE based application?

I dont have much idea about that.

Regards,

Vishal

former_member184465
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I would propose to do an authorization trace to see what is missing. Also not a nice option but to exclude issue you could try with a user with more authorizations.

However also a message could be an option.

Thomas

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am not a basis person so I dont know much about it.

But could you please first answer the question that is this Authorization trace possible for the abobe flash player based application running on internet explorer.?

I am facing the problem in the monitoring UI which is an Adobe flash player based application running on the internet explorer. When i choose the option "Go to E2E trace analysis" a new window opens and I get the authorization error.

Will the ABAP trace work for the IE based application?

Regards,

Vishal

former_member184465
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

the E2E trace goes through all involved systems (if configured correctly). First you should check if the E2E trace for the same scenario works without EEM as EEM sit's on top. Let's assume it's fine.

The Flash UI basically jumps to the E2E trace UI passing parameters.

Depending on the place of the authorization issue there are several places to check - potentially requires a basic person also because of required access to log files and transactions on the ABAP side.

For the ABAP side it could be an ST01 trace, for Java a look into the log files on the Solution Manager Server could be helpful. If you setup the RCA also for the Solution Manger - which is a kind of prerequisite you could go to the host analysis, select the agent and check the log files for strange errors.

Regards Thomas

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I did the authorization trace with ST01 but everything is green, there are no errors in the analysis. Also I am able to access the traces of those particular scripts from the "RCA " workcenter trace analysis section.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to that, please have a look at the "Runtime Known Problems" on this below trouble shooting guide

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EEM/Troubleshooting+7.1

Thanks,

Jansi

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi jansi Rani,

Will the authorization trace work for the IE based application?

And if it will work then can you tell me how to run the authorzation trace?

Regards,

Vishal