Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues related to Project System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please find the following issues on which i seek some help:

1.Regarding advance payment for the project,the tracking of advances is possible in the system provided the advances are given with reference to WBS or Network. There is a field available for WBS or Network while given the advances in the system but it is completly in the users judgment and discipline to fill this field on regular and correct basis. Is there any way (by means of validations or check) that the data related to WBS or Network captured doesnot gets dependent on user discipline and something can be done within the system.

2. Another view on the same issue is if we give the advance wrt to WBS or Network the same should be cleared before settlement run otherwise the downpayment gets treated as expenses and settled to AuC resulting complicacy to understand the movement of entries. Is there any way via system where we can make that clearing of advances mandatory before settlement run or again its a user discipline issue.

3. Next is a matter relating to the budget releasing. Currently it has been restricted to Chairman,VC & MD. But after budget gets released by the higher authority and if we transfer the budget from one WBS to another within the same project and without affecting the overall budget values, it results requirement of releasing the budget again. How this re-release can be avoided in the system?

Thanks & Regards,

Indranil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil,

1. If PO was made against WBS then during advance payment when user enter the PO number then corresponding WBS element will get filled in WBS field.

a. by means of validation or check you can do one thing(If you have one to one relationship with cost centre to project) u can make mechanism that when user fill one specific cost center then he must have to fill WBS or NETWORK there.

2. In PO it can be configured as when we give advance payment it will get adjusted automatically after MIGO/MIRO.

3. Only unreleased amount can be transferred within project. In case if u has released much amount and a few amount in unspent then you need to reduce the release amount(CJ32) and make it equal or greater than spent one. After that you can transfer the budget.

Note- Make it sure you are getting proper report for advance payment made for project.

Hope this will help you out.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Thanks for the reply. Following are my queries based on your Solutions:

1. Ok

2. How we can configure the same? Also will this help the client in clearing of advances as mandatory before settlement run?

3. I am a little bit confused with the statement "Only unreleased budget can be transfered within a project". Actually i was in a impression that the amount which gets transfered is the approved one i.e. released one. Please correct me whether i am right or wrong. Actually client wants that once released should not go for re-release if the same gets transfered within the same project. Again lets say for the unreleased budget whether the same goes for re-release or can it be avoided?

Thanks & Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indra,

1. done.

2. Please let me know how you are creating PO from requisition created in PS.

3. For this reduce the released amount from source WBS but make it sure that resulted release amount is greater than spent one as you cannot reduce the releases amount below the spent one(Comm + Actual).

a. It cannot be avoided

Here theme is that amount which you want to transfer must be unreleased.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

2. PR gets automatically created via CJ20N. PO gets manually created in system w.r.t the PR (Project related) via ME21N. Validation has been created in system in ME21N via BAdI so that user can only create a project related PO wrt to only a project related PR.

Thanks & Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil,

2. Good. Now if your are making advance payment to vendor with f-48(SGL Ind A) and filling PO number(which is suppose to yield base WBS/Network in corresponding field there) then advance made will be adjusted automatically during MIGO/MIRO and it will reflect it in advance report.

Also let me know how you are viewing detail of advance paid to vendor.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Client view the advance either via G/L entry i.e. reconcillation account or standard SAP report S_ALR_87013536.

Thanks & Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Is there any issue over my reply which i should take care?

Thanks & Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil,

1. Just check while making entry for advance payment, after entering PO number- WBS name is coming automatically.

2. Ensure amount entered from above Transaction is reflecting in your S_ALR.... report.

Close this question if answered.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

1. If after entering the PO number, the WBS name does not come then what needs to be done?

2. Ok.

Thanks & Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil,

1.WBS detail is supposed to come there if you have created PR in CJ20N and PO with reference to that PR. If it is not happening then check you config.

Check and confirm it.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Thanks for your effort. Let me take through client with all the scenarios which we discussed here and will comeback either for further clarifications or will close the discussion.

Best Regards,

Indranil

Answers (0)