cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Migration from 5.3 to 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning for the migration (upgrade?) from 5.3 to 10.0.

We have a typical requirement to Install the same SID -- Uninstall 5.3 and install 10.0 on the same host.

Please advice on the steps to perform for the better udnerstanding.

As 5.3 is on AS JAVA

1. Install Add-on for 10 in backend (already 5.3 add-on existing).

2. Install Add-on for 10 in AS Java where 5.3 resides.

3. Export the RAR, SPM config settings.

4. Uninstall 5.3 Instance.

5. Install 702 AS ABAP SP6 and then GRC 10.0

6. Import the exported content.

Is our understanding is correct in terms of steps as per our typical requirement to have the same SID on the same host name?

Let me know if you need information.

Regards,

Sethu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

We have migrated in the same host and using the same SID successfully.

No typical issues and followed the document for the migration.

Only issue is the Transactional data cannot imported to 10 from 5.3 which is not possible is the answer we get from SAP.

Regards,

Sethu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanan,

We are trying to migrate GRC5.3 Access Control to SAP GRC 10.0 Access Control on the server with the given below configuration:

DB:   SQL Server 2008 64 bit

We had installed SAP GRC5.3 on the NW 7.0 with the default patch level14. Now we had configured the RAR, CUP and SPM in 5.3 Access Control server.

So now we are trying to migrate the data of SAP GRC5.3 to SAP GRC10.0 with in the same server.

Upon checking the SAP Market Place migration document, we found that the SAP GRC10.0 requires NW7.02 SP8 or Higher.

Now my question is, whether the GRC10.0 plug-ins would be compatible on the GRC5.3 server or not?

If it is so, what is the required patch level to be upgraded on GRC5.3 server to make the migration successfull?

Note: If it is not compatible then what would be the alternate solution for my requirement?

I appreciate your help, if you could provide the solution, document, link as required for the above are welcome...

Also we got an update from the experts stating that we can perform the above activity using the SAP GRC10.0 Data Export Component for 5.3 Java System but I do not have any clue how far this would be successful.

Hence it would be great if you can share the valuable information either through a document, link etc in this which would be useful for me for resolving this issue.

Thanks and regards

==============

Subramanyam

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For cleanliness I would actually have GRC10 on completely separate servers. That way you'll not have any issues with overlapping shared file systems etc which could cause issues, especially when uninstalling.

What sort of data do you have migrate across to GRC 10? Is it the full deployment of AC modules?

Especially with workflow, you might actually find it easier to re-configure as the technical setup is so different.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

You say you need the same SID. Do you also need the same hostname? If not, you don't need to uninstall 5.3 before installing 10.0 - you can install two systems with the same SID on different hosts. Testing the 10.0 system would be much easier with the 5.3 system still around for comparison.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the document link shared with you.

However, I would suggest you to do this first in your test environment and once business finds everything there in GRC 10.0 and approve the same, then you uninstall the existing 5.3 instance.

In case you dont have test environment, please create it temporary.

Regards,

Faisal

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sethu,

You can refer to the GRC 10.0 Migration guide. This guide has all the steps to migrate from 5.3 to 10.0.

this guide is available on SAP Service Market Place. Use below link.....

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718172&

and go to Access Control ==> Release 10.0 ==>  Migration Guide.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj