Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material in QI....

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

I am very familiar with the concept of material in QI status due to outside or other module shortcomings....

My question:

Considering all the reasons material can end up in QI..... What do you suggest my main approach to troubleshooting should be to move it via mvt 322 to get it where we want it to be...???

PS Forgive me if 322 / 321 is mixed into and out of QI

Verroz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not very clear question.

I think you want a troubleshooting procedure for when material gets stuck in QI.  This depends on a lot of things.  You don't even tell us if you are using QM.  This almost sounds like you might be fishing for the answer to an interview question.

Without more specifics of what you are attempting, and how the material got stuck, and what process it is, (GR for purchasing, GR for production, etc..) it is difficult to give you specifics.

FF

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello FFighter,

It's never my intention to fish where there ain't no fish... I do apologize after re-reading my posting, for the ambiguity of it....

As you can see in my original posting, I readily state, as you have, there is a multitude of reasons material can, and does, end up in QI status. I've had to troubleshoot this issue with every QM client I've been involved with in the past and every time it's been for a different reason. A very simple example I've experienced in the recent past is pricing having one to may zeros, causing a price to be $5,000.00 when it should have been $500.00, I'm sure checked and balanced in the background.... material ended up in QM, and you get the

std. error  ..... in QM".

Mvts 322  and 321 are then disallowed until that something is corrected. 

I wanted to stay away from specific isses like this because very learned/veteran SAP consultants I work with were not able to figure this out for many days. Simply correcting the pricing, reversing the verified PO and lot,  via mvt 122 corrected this all.

If there is a standard approach, if only from your experience, to troubleshooting scenarios like this, I'd like to know what it would be.... is what I'm asking. 

I am in QM, a batch managed environment. QM Proc is active for EVERY supplier and purchased material, causes an inspection lot 01 at incoming, it works beautifully 99% of the time. 

Again, I do apologize for jerking you and Manish around. I've received very very valuable information from you and your colleagues in the past. Any answer or suggestions I could receive concerning this scenario will surely make me a better QM practitioner...

Thanks in advance.

Verroz    

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem. Now I understand much better! 

Yes, every issue is different.  I started for a while to try and collect information from different threads and compile it together into a document like "What If it's stuck in QI..."  I had plans to put it in the WIKI here.  But I collected some info and than life took over and it fell by the wayside.

so..yes, unfortunately there is no one solution fits all.  Often times it's just a miscommunication issue and the user's think they have processed the correct inspection lot when they haven't.  Not a real error in the system.

Many times a simple MBST (cancel/reverse a material document) will resolve the issue.  If a UD hasn't been done.  Of course, in this case it isn't really stuck in QI, it's there by mistake.

Often times the question is more around wanting to cancel a lot once the UD had been done becasue they received against the wrong order. (Can't be done). 

Of course the SAP program for correcting inventory is often needed to resolve some of these issues.

Even the best of us can have problems correcting these type of problems.

FF

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

FFighter...!!

.....  Even the best of us can have problems correcting these type of problems.

This is what I wanted to hear!!! 

Your answer is worth a book. 

Much much thanks.

Verroz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Verroz

Can you explain you requiremnent more precisely??